1. Issue of neural explanations
- Reductionistic, more holistic model: Diathesis stress model
- Too simplistic, alternative model involving biology and psychological factors
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who suggested that girls will repress sexual maturation in unfavourable conditions by using extreme weight loss to do so?
- Becker et al.
- Kaye et al.
3. Issue of Bulik et al
- No support suggesting that there is actually a genetic vulnerability to AN
- No causal relationship can be established
- Too simplistic to suggest that AN is dependent upon development in pregnancy
4. 2 Issue of sexual maturation repression theory
- Too simplistic and gender bias
- Cannot be applied to modern day and too simplistic
- Gender bias, cannot be applied to men, causing difficulty in treating men AND isn't evolutionary as it doesn't aid survival, AN causes death, 20% of sufferers die from it
- Gender bias and cannot be considered evolutionary
5. What experiment found a link between premature birth and developing AN?
- Lindberg and Hjem
- Favaro et al.
- Bulik et al.