1. What are the two biological explanations?
- Genetic influence and neurotransmitter dysfunction
- Family studies, neurotransmitter imbalance
- Neurotransmitter deficiency, Genes
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many times more prevalent is mutant gene that starves brain of serotonin in depressed patients
- 20 times
- 10 times
- 5 times
3. Why must depression have a biological basis?
- Support from scientific research
- Because it's so widespread
- Changes in cognitive processes
4. What was the response of patients who were treated with a dual serotonin-nor-adrenaline-re-uptake inhibitor compared to those treated with a placebo?
- No significant difference
5. What are the four aspects?
- Physical symptoms, appears to run in families, success of anti-depressants, injury or medication that gives rise to depression
- Physical symptoms, neurotransmitter malfunction, success of anti-depressants, adaptive functions