1. The autonomic nervous system controls what activities?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the sympathetic nervous system do?
- Calms our body down, e.g rest and digest
- Sends information between the brain and the spine
- Prepares and excites the body for action
- Maintains levels of hormones in our blood
3. The somatic nervous system controls what activities?
4. The nervous system can be split into 2, the central nervous system and ......?
- Somatic N.S
- Peripheral N.S
- Autonomic N.S
- Sympathetic N.S
5. What is the role of the axon on a neuron
- contains nucleus which controls neuron
- carries nerve impulses towards another neuron
- receives impulses from other neurons
- insulates the membrane that surrounds the axon