1. Why did Roosevelt later decide in 1943 to entrust Vietnam to an international trusteeship?
- He decided that the French had 'milked' Indochina for 100 years and had left them worse than before.
- He felt that Vietnam needed nurturing more than thew French could offer
- He wanted influence in Vietnam
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did the people turn to for a leader?
- Ho Chi Minh
- Boa Dai
3. Why did the U.S. oppinion of the U.S.S.R. affect Vietnam?
- The USSR made relations with Vietnam impossible
- They were convinced Ho was a puppet of the Kremlin.
- They were convinced Ho had more alligence to the USSR
4. After the Japanese defeat in 1945 what happend in Vietnam?
- The French took control
- It desended into chaos
- Ho Chi Minh took control
5. What did Truman assure the French of?
- That they would make thwir commiment to the French known
- That America recognised their preeminant position in Indochina.
- That they would suppoet the Frech in a war against Vietnam