1. Why did Roosevelt origionaly want to allow France to keep Vietnam?
- He belived they had the right to keep Vietnam
- To inspire the French
- He was an imperialist
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the U.S.'s issue with China affect Vietnam?
- They feared even more communist expansion and when China accepted the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in 1950 the U.S. responded by recognising the French "Assosiated State Of Vietnam
- They feared that China would use Vietnam as a puppet
- They feared failure in Vietnam would intensfy the failure of China
3. How did Ho try tp flatter the Americans in 1945?
- He asked them to help him write his speach given to thousands of defeated Japanese.
- He asked them to help him run Vietnam.
- He asked their opinion of Foreign policy
- He asked them to write him a speech that would be heard by thiusands
4. What was Roosevelts final decision?
- To alllow the French to keep Indochina as long as they promised to steer them towards independance.
- To allow the French to keep Vietnam and rule over them as they had been doing.
- To put Vietnam into an international trusteeship
5. What was the belife abaout communism after WW2?
- Communism threatened international free trade and democratic ideals essential to American security.
- Communist threatened the liveleyhood of everyday Americans
- Democracy was endangered all over the world if communism was allowed to spread