1. Who did the Americans cooperate with to fgiht the Japanese?
- Boa Dia
- The Vietminh
- The French
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Roosevelt later decide in 1943 to entrust Vietnam to an international trusteeship?
- He decided that the French had 'milked' Indochina for 100 years and had left them worse than before.
- He felt that Vietnam needed nurturing more than thew French could offer
- He wanted influence in Vietnam
3. Why did the U.S.'s issue with China affect Vietnam?
- They feared failure in Vietnam would intensfy the failure of China
- They feared even more communist expansion and when China accepted the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in 1950 the U.S. responded by recognising the French "Assosiated State Of Vietnam
- They feared that China would use Vietnam as a puppet
4. What was Ho Chi Minh fascinated by?
- The Russian Revolution
5. What was Roosevelts final decision?
- To alllow the French to keep Indochina as long as they promised to steer them towards independance.
- To allow the French to keep Vietnam and rule over them as they had been doing.
- To put Vietnam into an international trusteeship