1. Which statement about the consequences of living in a "post modern society" is LEAST accurate?
- Post modernity has led to a rise in spiritual shopper; someone looks for personal fulfillment in religion rather than seeking ultimate truths.
- Traditional relious institutions have lost moral authority and are now less significant.
- Postmodernity has lead to a decrease in the number of NRM, as people have lost faith in any religious narrative
- None - they are all accurate
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Statement about Berger's analysis of religion is LEAST accurate?
- All of them
- the metaphor that Berger uses is that of the "sacred canopy"; the idea that religion deceives its believers into being content with the world
- Analysis is interpretatist rather than structuralist
- The idea that religion provides a theodicy.
3. What is the least accurate definition that describes an aspect of substansive definitions of religion?
- Substantive definitions excludes phenomena such as New Age Movements, Pagan beliefs and Voodoo magic.
- Taylor in 1903 is an example of a sociologist who advocated this definition.
- Definitions, focus on the exsistance of belief in spiritual beings
- Durkhiem was critical of these definitions as they were too vague and ill defined.
4. which of the following statements LEAST accurately describes aspects of polythethic and monotheistic religion?
- With polytheistic religions, there are many different gods
- all the major religions are monotheistic in nature
- they both share a belief in the sacred, an element of faith in the supernatural rather than the evidence
5. Which of the following, LEAST accurately describes aspects of totems and animism?
- Animism involves a belief in the agency of spirits
- Toteism is a belief that the sun and the moon and other celestial bodies are supernatural in nature
- Both are associated with tribal societies and are known as primal-indigenous