1. Negative reinforcement is what?
- The process of reducing a behaviour through use of punishment
- The process of strengthening behaviour by introducing an unpleasant stimulus
- The process of strengthening behaviour by removal of an unpleasant stimulus
- The process of strengthening a desired behaviour through use of punishment
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Piaget’s three sub processes related to schemas?
- Retrieval, evaluation and storing
- Unoccupied, onlooker and solitary.
- Assimilation, Accommodation and Equilibration
- Adult, child and parent
3. According to Lindon, 2010 Maturation is?
- Identical for all individuals
- Universal, sequential, impervious to environmental influence.
- A process determined by physical appearance.
- Strongly influenced by the environment.
4. What is the zone of proximal development?
- Identified by Bruner- the gap between what a child can do alone and what it can do with help from others.
- Identified by Vygotsky- the gap between what a child can do alone and what it can do with help from others.
- Rules regarding proximity which allow comfort ensuring learning can take place.
- A range of aspects which allow for development.
5. Which key theorists are involved with the behaviourist/learning theory?
- Gesell and Lorenz
- Watson and Raynor, Bandura, Pavlov, Skinner
- Vygotsky, Bruner, Bronfenbrenner