1. In Piaget’s stage theory what is the name of the stage children go through from the age of 0-2 years?
- Concrete operational
- Formal operational
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Synaptogenesis?
- The storing of new information and consequential learning
- Pruning-where connections that are repeatedly used become permanent while those that are not used begin to die.
- The strengthening of memory by creating various different connections to a memory
- When new connections is formed between neurones
3. What is the zone of proximal development?
- Identified by Bruner- the gap between what a child can do alone and what it can do with help from others.
- Identified by Vygotsky- the gap between what a child can do alone and what it can do with help from others.
- Rules regarding proximity which allow comfort ensuring learning can take place.
- A range of aspects which allow for development.
4. Negative reinforcement is what?
- The process of reducing a behaviour through use of punishment
- The process of strengthening behaviour by removal of an unpleasant stimulus
- The process of strengthening a desired behaviour through use of punishment
- The process of strengthening behaviour by introducing an unpleasant stimulus
5. Who considered the environment cited by Lindon as ‘a set of nested structures, each inside the next, like a set of Russian Dolls’?