1. There are two reasons found in the Buddha's teaching for why he rejected the atman; what are they?
- It was petty and old fashioned
- Anata, impermanence of self; and the 5 skandas.
- the noble eightfold path and the parable of sunita
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. One last quote - all these are true, but only some pertain to this specific topic - which is it?
- 'The Buddha was a man, a human being like ourselves.' Cush
- 'Posssesed an equally strong rejection of it.' (About the Buddha's contemporary culture and values) Side
- 'the aim is to sit mindfully.' Cush
- 'Turning first this way and then that without making any real progress' Merv Fowler
3. Which civilisations influenced the Buddha?
- Indus Valley and Vedic
- Aryan and Tibetan
- Therevada and Mahyana
- Indus Valley and Oxford Rowing
4. Buddhism Did not develop in a Vaccum is a quote to attribute to who?
5. Which is the odd one out, that the buddha did not accept?
- Soma - a drug used in religious rituals
- Karma - moral causation from a past life leading to your current one.
- A form of repeated lives
- The general Indian idea that suffering leads to ignorance
- Ahmisa - a principle of non violence
Similar Religious Studies resources: