1. What two events in his life show how he abandoned the caste system?
- His death and his past life wherein he sacrificed himself to feed a mother tiger
- Teaching people of all backgrounds, renunciation of his charmed life as a Kshatriya.
- The birth and four sights
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is the odd one out, that the buddha did not accept?
- Soma - a drug used in religious rituals
- Karma - moral causation from a past life leading to your current one.
- A form of repeated lives
- The general Indian idea that suffering leads to ignorance
- Ahmisa - a principle of non violence
3. Why do people believe the earliest civilasation only worshipped tehir mother godess in the home?
- The Buddha's own account of a past life he had led there.
- Excavations found no temple
- Ancient scriptures
4. One last quote - all these are true, but only some pertain to this specific topic - which is it?
- 'Turning first this way and then that without making any real progress' Merv Fowler
- 'the aim is to sit mindfully.' Cush
- 'Posssesed an equally strong rejection of it.' (About the Buddha's contemporary culture and values) Side
- 'The Buddha was a man, a human being like ourselves.' Cush
5. There are two reasons found in the Buddha's teaching for why he rejected the atman; what are they?
- It was petty and old fashioned
- Anata, impermanence of self; and the 5 skandas.
- the noble eightfold path and the parable of sunita
Similar Religious Studies resources: