1. Why do people believe the earliest civilasation only worshipped tehir mother godess in the home?
- Excavations found no temple
- Ancient scriptures
- The Buddha's own account of a past life he had led there.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What example shows the difference between rebirth and reincarnation?
- A candle flame which changes as it passes the flame to another candle
- One is believed by the idiotic; one is for people of superior intellect
- One allows freedom from suffering where the other cannot
3. There are two reasons found in the Buddha's teaching for why he rejected the atman; what are they?
- Anata, impermanence of self; and the 5 skandas.
- the noble eightfold path and the parable of sunita
- It was petty and old fashioned
4. Which civilisations influenced the Buddha?
- Indus Valley and Vedic
- Aryan and Tibetan
- Therevada and Mahyana
- Indus Valley and Oxford Rowing
5. Which of these did the Buddha not reject?
- Animal sacrifice
- The atman, Brahamin and the vedic scriptures
- Extreme aestheticism
Similar Religious Studies resources: