1. What example shows the difference between rebirth and reincarnation?
- A candle flame which changes as it passes the flame to another candle
- One is believed by the idiotic; one is for people of superior intellect
- One allows freedom from suffering where the other cannot
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What two events in his life show how he abandoned the caste system?
- Teaching people of all backgrounds, renunciation of his charmed life as a Kshatriya.
- The birth and four sights
- His death and his past life wherein he sacrificed himself to feed a mother tiger
3. There are two reasons found in the Buddha's teaching for why he rejected the atman; what are they?
- It was petty and old fashioned
- Anata, impermanence of self; and the 5 skandas.
- the noble eightfold path and the parable of sunita
4. Which civilisations influenced the Buddha?
- Indus Valley and Oxford Rowing
- Aryan and Tibetan
- Indus Valley and Vedic
- Therevada and Mahyana
5. Buddhism Did not develop in a Vaccum is a quote to attribute to who?
Similar Religious Studies resources: