1. Which civilisations influenced the Buddha?
- Indus Valley and Oxford Rowing
- Indus Valley and Vedic
- Therevada and Mahyana
- Aryan and Tibetan
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. There are two reasons found in the Buddha's teaching for why he rejected the atman; what are they?
- Anata, impermanence of self; and the 5 skandas.
- the noble eightfold path and the parable of sunita
- It was petty and old fashioned
3. What example shows the difference between rebirth and reincarnation?
- A candle flame which changes as it passes the flame to another candle
- One is believed by the idiotic; one is for people of superior intellect
- One allows freedom from suffering where the other cannot
4. One last quote - all these are true, but only some pertain to this specific topic - which is it?
- 'The Buddha was a man, a human being like ourselves.' Cush
- 'Turning first this way and then that without making any real progress' Merv Fowler
- 'Posssesed an equally strong rejection of it.' (About the Buddha's contemporary culture and values) Side
- 'the aim is to sit mindfully.' Cush
5. Which of these did the Buddha not reject?
- Animal sacrifice
- The atman, Brahamin and the vedic scriptures
- Extreme aestheticism
Similar Religious Studies resources: