1. Give an example of plant cells that do not have Chloroplastsand explain why they have none.
- Root cells do not have chloroplasts because they are underground and do not photosynthesise
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain the function of ribosomes
- Where protein synthesis takes place. All the proteins needed in the cell are made here.
3. Are human cells the same as other animal cells?
- Most human cells are like most other animal cells and contain a nucleus, cytoplasm, membrane, mitochondria and ribosomes.
4. Explain the function of the cell membrane.
- its a gene
- Controls the passage of substances into and out of the cell.
- the cell membrane eat your fat
- controls the amount of air
5. Give 5 reasons to be in favour of using embryonic stem cells.
- ) They give one of the best chances of finding treatments for different and often serious conditions.
- 3) Embryos are being created from adult cells in use in research - they would never be babies
- The embyos used are generally spare ones from infertility treatment and would be destroyed anyway.
- 5) Emryonic stem cells could be used to grow new tissues and organs for transplants.
- ) It may be possible to use embryonic stem cells from the umbillical cords of newborn babies.