1. What is the purpose of Chloroplasts?
- They contain chlorophyll (and so are green!). Chlorophyll absorbs light energy to make food by photosynthesis.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are bacterial cells like?
- They are single celled organisms that are much smaller than animal and plant cells. DConsists of cytoplasm and a membrane surrounded by a cell wall. The genes are not in a distinct nucleus.
3. Give an example of plant cells that do not have Chloroplastsand explain why they have none.
- Root cells do not have chloroplasts because they are underground and do not photosynthesise
4. Explain the function of ribosomes
- Where protein synthesis takes place. All the proteins needed in the cell are made here.
5. Explain the function of the cell membrane.
- Controls the passage of substances into and out of the cell.
- controls the amount of air
- its a gene
- the cell membrane eat your fat