1. What is a 'pathogen'?
- A disease-causing microorganism
- A disease
- A type of disease
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. It is important to use antibiotics carefully because:
- over-use can lead to the development of resistant bacteria
- antibiotics are very expensive
- antibiotics could kill harmless viruses as well as harmful ones
3. After exercise;
- the metabolic rate stays high for a while
- the metabolic rate stays permanently high
- the metabolic rate stays permanently low
4. Which of these is one of the main problems with bacteria?
- They produce toxins
- They cause measles and mumps in young children
- They are killed by antibiotics
5. What can vaccination involve?
- Injecting an inactive form of the disease to stimulate immunity
- Injecting an inactive form of the pathogen to stimulate immunity
- Injecting a dead form of the disease to stimulate immunity
Similar Biology resources: