1. What is a 'pathogen'?
- A type of disease
- A disease-causing microorganism
- A disease
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do antibiotics work?
- They can stop bacteria from reproducing
- They can stop viruses from reproducing
- They can stop toxins poisoning the tissues of the host
3. Which of these is one of the main problems with viruses?
- hey cause cholera and typhoid in refugee camps
- They damage the host cell when they reproduce
- They are killed by antibiotics
4. What is one of the functions of white blood cells?
- White blood cells carry oxygen in the bloodstream
- White blood cells ingest and destroy pathogens
- White blood cells produce antigens that destroy pathogens
5. Which of the following is a function of antibodies?
- To lock on to antigens
- To produce toxins
- To engulf pathogens
Similar Biology resources: