1. It is important to use antibiotics carefully because:
- over-use can lead to the development of resistant bacteria
- antibiotics are very expensive
- antibiotics could kill harmless viruses as well as harmful ones
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a feature of low-density lipoproteins (LDLs)?
- LDLs carry cholesterol from the liver to the cells of the body
- LDLs are 'good' cholesterol
- LDLs carry excess cholesterol back to the liver
3. Which of the following is a function of antibodies?
- To engulf pathogens
- To lock on to antigens
- To produce toxins
4. Which statement about immunity is correct?
- Passive immunity involves receiving antibodies
- Passive immunity involves the body making its own antibodies
- Active immunity involves receiving antibodies
5. After exercise;
- the metabolic rate stays permanently low
- the metabolic rate stays high for a while
- the metabolic rate stays permanently high
Similar Biology resources: