1. What is the central nervous system made up of?
- The brain and nerves to and from it
- The brain and spinal cord
- The spinal cord and nerves to and from it
- The brain, spinal cord and nerves to and from them
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of how the body tries to gain or keep heat?
- Releasing energy from food (respiration)
- Reduced sweating
- More blood flow to the surface of the skin
3. What is the name of the gland in the brain that detects when the blood is too hot or too cold?
4. What is the first stage in a spinal reflex?
5. How and where are excess carbohydrates stored?
- As glycogen in the liver
- As adipose tissue under the skin and around organs
- As glycogen under the skin and around organs
- As adipose tissue in the liver
Similar Biology resources: