1. What is the name of the gland in the brain that detects when the blood is too hot or too cold?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of how the body tries to gain or keep heat?
- Releasing energy from food (respiration)
- Reduced sweating
- More blood flow to the surface of the skin
3. What is the central nervous system made up of?
- The spinal cord and nerves to and from it
- The brain and spinal cord
- The brain, spinal cord and nerves to and from them
- The brain and nerves to and from it
4. What are proteins made up of?
- Amino acids
- Simple sugars
- Adipose tissue
5. What is the final stage in a spinal reflex?
Similar Biology resources: