1. What does nitrogen-fixing bacteria do?
- Turns nitrogen into nitrogen compounds that plants can use
- Turns nitrogen compounds into nitrogen that plants can use
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give another example of nitrogen fixation
3. What does nitrifying bacteria do?
- Turn ammonia in decaying matter into nitrates
- Turn nitrogen into nitrates
4. What does decomposer bacteria do?
- Decompose proteins and urea into ammonia
- Decompose ammonia into proteins and urea
5. What does denitrifying bacteria do?
- They turn atmospheric nitrogen into nitrates
- They turn nitrates back into atmospheric nitrogen
- They create dents in the amount of atmospheric nitrogen