1. What is a false positive?
- This is when a genetic test has wrongly detected a certain allele or a faulty chromosome so the person thinks that they have a genetic disorder when they don't
- This is when the test has failed to detect a certain allele or faulty chromosome so the person thinks that they do not have a genetic disorder when they do
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is 'heterozygous'?
- Two different alleles
- Two alleles the same
3. What can embryonic stem cells be used for?
- replacing faulty heart muscle cells, insulin producing cells for diabetes and nerve cells fro paralysed people
- to treat blood diseases, maintaining and repairing old, damaged tissues, leukaemia
4. What is a phenotype?
- A phenotype is a code for making certain proteins
- A phenotype is all the genes an organism displays
- A phenotype is all the genes an organism has
5. What are Clones?
- Clones are organisms within a species that have similar characteristics
- Clones are genetically identical organisms
- Clones are identical twins