1. What causes the development of testes?
- A gene called androgens is in the embryo whihc causes the development of testes
- The gene SRY causes androgens to be made which causes the development of testes
- No proteins are produced so testes are developed
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a phenotype?
- A phenotype is all the genes an organism displays
- A phenotype is all the genes an organism has
- A phenotype is a code for making certain proteins
3. What is a gene?
- A gene is the characteristics an organism displays
- A gene is a code for making certain proteins
- A gene is everything an organism displays
4. What can adult stem cells be used for?
- to treat blood diseases, maintaining and repairing old, damaged tissues, leukaemia
- replacing faulty heart muscle cells, insulin producing cells for diabetes and nerve cells fro paralysed people
5. What is a false positive?
- This is when a genetic test has wrongly detected a certain allele or a faulty chromosome so the person thinks that they have a genetic disorder when they don't
- This is when the test has failed to detect a certain allele or faulty chromosome so the person thinks that they do not have a genetic disorder when they do