1. Dornbusch studied 7000 american adolescents, and found that...
- Lower class females had the biggest desire to be thin and were willing to diet to achieve this.
- Lower class males had the biggest desire to be thin and were willing to diet to achieve this.
- Higher class females had the biggest desire to be thin and were willing to diet to achieve this.
- Higher class males had the biggest desire to be thin and were willing to work out to achieve this.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. When looking at the social learning theory of attitudes towards eating, parental modelling is a big part of a childs eating behaviour. Which psychologists found a positive correlation between parents and childrens food attitudes.
- Wardle & Beales
- Brown & Ogden
- Havan & Shaver
- Thiabult & Kelley
3. In the binge eating section, research suggests that binge eating is mostly caused by....
- Happy mood caused by food.
- Having excess food in the house.
- Low mood and anxiety.
4. Ball and Kennerdy conducted a study about ethnicity in the cultural influences theory of attitudes to food. How many Australian 18-23 year olds did they study?
5. Parental modelling, Media effects, ethnicity, binge eating and comfort eating are 5 out of the 6 factors you should talk about in an 'Attitudes to food' essay. Which one is the 6th?
- Social Class
- Eating Disorders