1. Steward 1983 cited in Smith, Cowie and Blades 2011 states that?
- Friendships enable children to develop essential skills in communication and interaction which they will use in adult life.
- Children from supportive backgrounds are more likely to achieve high levels of wellbeing in adult life.
- Older siblings can act as attachment figures.
- Older siblings can act in a way which is hostile damaging the self-esteem of the younger sibling.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the types of interaction play identified by Parten in 1932 and cited in Smith, Cowie and Blades?
- Shy, Confident and Easy going.
- Unoccupied, onlooker, solitary, parallel, associative and co-operative.
- Imitating, Creative and Practical.
- Communicative, Tactile and Friendly.
3. Brown 2004 in Coleman 2011 differentiates between?
- Sibling rivalry and sibling affection
- Crowds and Cliques
- Friendships and Acquaintances
- Rejection and isolation
4. Golombok and Fivush cited in Coleman and Hendy 1999 discuss that?
- There are no set friendship circles for boys and girls.
- Boys and Girls often enjoy playing together in early childhood.
- Girls often have a best friend which they talk and share small secrets with whilst boys typically have no single best friend and play in groups.
- Girls often have no single best friend and play in groups whilst boys typically have a best friend which they talk and share small secrets with.
5. Smith, Cowie and Blades, 2011 identify 4 different levels of social status what are they?
- Intellectual, Practical, Verbal and Academic.
- Easy, Slow to warm up, Difficult and Impossible.
- Popular, Controversial, Rejected (split into two sections submissive and aggressive and Neglected.
- Popular, Unpopular, Academic and Aggressive.