1. What happens if an atom gains an electron?
- It becomes unstable because it's shell is full
- It becomes negatively charged because the electron has a negative charge
- It remains the same because the electron is neutral
- It becomes positively charged because the electron has a positive charge
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What's the difference between a compound and mixture?
- A compound has elements that aren't combined, a mixture has elements that are combined
- A mixture is made from atoms, a compound from elements
- A compound is chemically combined, a mixture isn't
- A mixture contains three or more elements, a compound contains two or more
3. Name the two types of ion.
- Inion and kation
- Onion and hation
- Anion and cation
- Enion and fation
4. Which of the following statements is correct?
- The number of electrons and neutrons added together equal the mass number
- Protons have a negative charge
- There is an equal amount of protons and electrons in an atom
- There is an equal amount of protons and neutrons in an atom
5. What is a gain of electrons called?