1. What types of radiation are there?
- Gamma, Beta, Delta,
- Alpha, Beta, Delta
- Alpha, Beta, Gamma
- Alpha, Gamma, Delta
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where do radioactive substance give out radiation from? Is it random or regulated?
- From the nucleus, it's a random process
- From the protons, it's a random process
- From electrons, it's a random process
- From the nucleus, it's a regulated process
3. What physical factors are radiation affected by.
- Temperature and Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Bonding
4. Where does background radiation come from? 3 answers please.
- a) Naturally occuring unstable isotopes e.g rocks, food, building material. b) space, cosmic rays, mostly coming from the sun. c) man made sources, e.g fallout from nuclear weapons tests- chernobyl or dumped nuclear waste.
- a) The ionosphere b) Naturally occuring unstable isotopes e.g food and rocks c) Radiatiors
- a) Cosmic Ray Radiation b) Technology c) Nuclear explosions
- a) Nuclear waste b) Fossil Fuels c) Cosmic Rays
5. What type of particles are alpha particles? (hint, it's an element)
- Helium nuclei. 2 protons, 2 neutrons
- Hydrogen nuclei, 1 proton, 1 neutron
- Oxygen nuclei. 4 protons, 2 neutrons
- Nitrogen nuclei. 6 protons, 6 neutrons