1. Alpha -->
- 4, 2 He
- 0, -1 He
- 4, 4 He
- 2, 4 He
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of particles are alpha particles? (hint, it's an element)
- Hydrogen nuclei, 1 proton, 1 neutron
- Helium nuclei. 2 protons, 2 neutrons
- Nitrogen nuclei. 6 protons, 6 neutrons
- Oxygen nuclei. 4 protons, 2 neutrons
3. Why are gamma rays weakly ionising?
- Because they're short wavelength electromagnetic waves.
- Because they tend to collide with materials rather than colliding with atoms.
- Because they tend to pass through materials rather than colliding with atoms.
- Because they don't tend to penetrate far into materials rather than colliding with atoms.
4. Where do radioactive substance give out radiation from? Is it random or regulated?
- From the nucleus, it's a random process
- From the protons, it's a random process
- From electrons, it's a random process
- From the nucleus, it's a regulated process
5. If isotopes are radioactive, what does that mean?
- It means it gives out radioactive decay
- It means it decays into other elements and gives out radiation
- It means it grows into new elements
- It has a half-life