1. What is an atom?
- The smallest particle of an element
- Part of a molecule
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is distillation?
- The separation of a liquid from a solution
- Replacement of some or all of hydrogen in a substance
3. How can we use dilution of coloured solutions to detect atoms?
- When a solute (the dissolved substance in solution) is dissolved in a solvent
- Use a microscope
4. What is crystallisation?
- The separation of a dissolved solid from a solution, when the solid is much more soluble in hot solvent than in cold
- Melting a compound before we can electrolyse it
5. What is a molecule?
- A group of 2 or more atoms bonded together
- A mixture of substances