1. How can we use dilution of coloured solutions to detect atoms?
- When a solute (the dissolved substance in solution) is dissolved in a solvent
- Use a microscope
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can scientists measure very small forces?
- They use probes to detect particles and reposition them (atomic force microscopes)
- Magnify Glass
3. What is diffusion?
- When a gas moves freely from an area of high concentration to low concentration
- When a gas gives of a smell
4. What is a mixture?
- An impure substance made from different elements or compounds
- A pure substance made from different elements
5. Who thought of particles in 1805?
- John Dalton
- James Dalton