1. What is an atom?
- The smallest particle of an element
- Part of a molecule
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What will the experiment show?
- Both air and bromine particles are moving randomly and there re large gaps between the particles: therefore, they can easily mix together
- They are very fast
3. What is filtration?
- The separation of an undissolved solid from a mixture of the solid and a liquid/solution
- Extracting aluminium from its ore bauxite
4. What is crystallisation?
- The separation of a dissolved solid from a solution, when the solid is much more soluble in hot solvent than in cold
- Melting a compound before we can electrolyse it
5. Who thought of particles in 1805?
- John Dalton
- James Dalton