1. What is an element?
- A pure substance that is listed on the Periodic Table and has only one type of atom
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is crystallisation?
- The separation of a dissolved solid from a solution, when the solid is much more soluble in hot solvent than in cold
- Melting a compound before we can electrolyse it
3. What is distillation?
- The separation of a liquid from a solution
- Replacement of some or all of hydrogen in a substance
4. What is a mixture?
- An impure substance made from different elements or compounds
- A pure substance made from different elements
5. What will the experiment show?
- Both air and bromine particles are moving randomly and there re large gaps between the particles: therefore, they can easily mix together
- They are very fast