1. What did Mendeleev do with elements that hadn't been discovered?
- Left a long gap along the top for them
- Filled them in by predicting their properties
- Left gaps
- Nothing, he didn't think there would be any
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements is true?
- Protons have a mass of 1, neutrons 1, electrons 1/1836
- Protons have a mass of 1, neutrons 1/1836, electrons 1
- Protons have a mass of 1/1836, neutrons 1, electrons 1
- They all have a mass of 1
3. Where are non-metals located in the modern Periodic Table?
- Only on the bottom
- To the left
- To the right
- Only on the top
4. In the modern periodic table, how are elements arranged?
- Decreasing atomic number
- Decreasing atomic mass
- Increasing atomic number
- Increasing atomic mass
5. In isotopes, are there odd numbers of electrons, protons or neutrons?