1. Which of these statements is true?
- Protons have a positive charge, electrons negative, neutrons are neutral
- Protons have a positive charge, neutrons negative, electrons neutral.
- Electrons have a positive charge, neutrons neutral, protons positive
- Neutrons have a positive charge, electrons negative, protons neutral
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Mendeleev do with elements that hadn't been discovered?
- Left a long gap along the top for them
- Filled them in by predicting their properties
- Left gaps
- Nothing, he didn't think there would be any
3. In isotopes, are there odd numbers of electrons, protons or neutrons?
4. What did Mendeleev do with elements of similar properties?
- Nothing, he spread them out
- Put them underneath each other
- Put them next to each other
- Cluster them in a group
5. In the modern periodic table, how are elements arranged?
- Decreasing atomic mass
- Increasing atomic number
- Decreasing atomic number
- Increasing atomic mass