1. In which year did Mendeleev arrange the elements into a Periodic Table?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Mendeleev do with elements that hadn't been discovered?
- Nothing, he didn't think there would be any
- Left gaps
- Filled them in by predicting their properties
- Left a long gap along the top for them
3. What did Mendeleev do with elements of similar properties?
- Cluster them in a group
- Put them underneath each other
- Nothing, he spread them out
- Put them next to each other
4. Which of these statements is true?
- They all have a mass of 1
- Protons have a mass of 1, neutrons 1/1836, electrons 1
- Protons have a mass of 1, neutrons 1, electrons 1/1836
- Protons have a mass of 1/1836, neutrons 1, electrons 1
5. In the modern periodic table, how are elements arranged?
- Decreasing atomic mass
- Increasing atomic mass
- Increasing atomic number
- Decreasing atomic number