1. What is another atomic model that hasn't been metioned yet?
- There aren't any other models
- Quantum model
- double nucleus model
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Rutherford discover his improved version of an atomic model?
- They used a large amount of heat and managed to split apart the atom, which they studied underneath a microscope
- alpha particles fired straight at a thin sheet of gold. They expected most of them to be deflected by the possitive pudding, but most passed straight through, with some being deflected back
- They used an electron microscope
- They found faults in the plum pudding model, so they guessed what it should be
3. Jonh Dalton described atoms as...
- Clear solid spheres with pigment in the nucleus
- Solid spheres, with different elements made up of different spheres
- Small circular blobs with tiny whizzing particles within them
- A positively charged pudding, with randomly dotted electrons throughout
4. True or false: Bohr said that electrons have to be in shells otherwise the element would collapse
5. What was added to Bohrs model to explain why som elements are inert?
- extra electrons in orbitals
- extra orbitals
- different types of nucleus