1. the electrical impulses spread upwards and outwards from the apex of the ventricles
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. the heart's pacemaker, a patch of tissue that sends out waves of electrical impulses at regular intervals in order to initiate contractions
3. when volume INCREASES, pressure ________
4. the large surface area in a fish's exchange surface comes from.....
- the pairs of gills
- the highly folded gill filaments (gill lamellae)
- the many gill filaments
5. arteries have a THICK layer of....
- smooth muscle