1. What is the product of alpha glucose + alpha glucose?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. When two monosaccharides join to make a disaccharide, which type of reaction occurs?
- A condensation reaction
- A hydrolysis reaction
3. In solution, hexose, pentose and triose sugars exist in what form?
- In a helix structure
- Straight chains
4. What is the main function of monosaccharides?
- To provide a store of energy (i.e. starch)
- To provide energy (i.e. glucose)
- To provide cell structure (i.e. cellulose)
5. How does the structure of starch (spiral, compact) aid its function?
- It is insoluble, has no osmotic effect and you can store more of it
- It lines up to add strength to the molecule
Similar Biology resources: