1. Give two properties of a disaccharide
- sweet, soluble
- sweet, insoluble
- strong, insoluble
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. In beta glucose, the hydroxyl group (OH) is ______ the plane of the molecule
3. What is the main function of monosaccharides?
- To provide a store of energy (i.e. starch)
- To provide energy (i.e. glucose)
- To provide cell structure (i.e. cellulose)
4. In solution, hexose, pentose and triose sugars exist in what form?
- Straight chains
- In a helix structure
5. What is the product of beta galactose + alpha glucose?