1. What is the product of beta galactose + alpha glucose?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a carbohydrate?
- A compound made up of more than one carbon atom
- A group of molecules containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen
- A compound containing glycosidic bonds between carbon atoms
3. In solution, hexose, pentose and triose sugars exist in what form?
- Straight chains
- In a helix structure
4. Give two properties of a disaccharide
- sweet, soluble
- sweet, insoluble
- strong, insoluble
5. How does the structure of starch (spiral, compact) aid its function?
- It is insoluble, has no osmotic effect and you can store more of it
- It lines up to add strength to the molecule
Similar Biology resources: