1. Hexose, pentose and triose sugars are normally in what form?
- Straight chains
- In a helix structure
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the product of alpha glucose + alpha glucose?
3. What is a carbohydrate?
- A group of molecules containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen
- A compound containing glycosidic bonds between carbon atoms
- A compound made up of more than one carbon atom
4. What is the main function of monosaccharides?
- To provide a store of energy (i.e. starch)
- To provide energy (i.e. glucose)
- To provide cell structure (i.e. cellulose)
5. When two monosaccharides join to make a disaccharide, which type of reaction occurs?
- A condensation reaction
- A hydrolysis reaction
Similar Biology resources: