1. Which of these is NOT a characteristic of monosaccharides?
- Insolubility in non-polar substances
- Solubility in non-polar substances
- They taste sweet
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give two properties of a disaccharide
- strong, insoluble
- sweet, soluble
- sweet, insoluble
3. What is the product of beta glucose + beta glucose?
4. When two monosaccharides join to make a disaccharide, which type of reaction occurs?
- A condensation reaction
- A hydrolysis reaction
5. How does the structure of cellulose (in straight chains) aid its function?
- Many polymers in a chain held by hydrogen bonds adds a lot of strength to cell walls supporting turgid cells
- The straight chains give plant cells more surface area to take up water and minerals
Similar Biology resources: