1. What is a Turing Machine?
- A computer which has successfully beaten many humans at chess
- A system which operates according to a machine table which specifies input and output
- A hypothetical system which would be a complete reproduction of the human brain, in silicon
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main conclusion of the Chinese Room Argument?
- Intentionality is not reducible to functions
- Only young children can understand chinese
- The room could not understand Chinese but a robot could
3. What did Putnam say any minded system could be seen as?
- A ghost in the machine
- A Turing Machine
- A Chinese Room
4. What does machine functionalism claim?
- Mental states are comparable with functional machine states
- Mental states are reducible to behaviour
- The mind is a non-physical computer
5. What conclusion of the Chinese Room Argument relates to the Turing Test?
- The room satisfies the Turing Test for understanding Chinese, but doesn't understand it
- The room does not satisfy the Turing Test for understanding Chinese
- Turing's Test only applies to machines with video and audio input
Similar Philosophy resources: