1. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Quiet and sly
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Loud and Insensitive
- Witty and intelligent
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was Lamachus at the time of the Acharnians' performance?
- A recently elected military general
- A hated politician related to Cleon
- A widely feared Spartan tyrant
- A opponent comic playwright
3. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Bald Man
- Great Fighter
- King of the waves
- Cowardly Fighter
4. Why were military generals and officers elected?
- The Assembly could not afford to fund the military
- The members of the Assembly demanded it
- The job required skill
- The job required general popularity
5. Which is the first accusation Aristophanes makes of Lamachus in the opening scene?
- Earning a profit from his role as military general
- Stealing food from the Athenians by making peace with Sparta
- Beginning the War by stealing a Megarian slave
- Blackmailing the soldiers and citizens of Athens