1. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Quiet and sly
- Witty and intelligent
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Loud and Insensitive
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of avoiding places of battle?
- Lamachus had killed the prince of Sparta just before the play was performed
- Clean himself chose where Lamachus was to go
- The Assembly voted on where to send military generals
- He had lost an arm in battle just before the play was performed
3. What does Aristophanes accuse Lamachus of second in the opening scene?
- Secretly making peace with the Spartans
- Staying at home and not going to fight at all
- Avoiding battle by going places where there was no fighting
- Blackmailing the members of the Assembly
4. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Great Fighter
- Cowardly Fighter
- King of the waves
- Bald Man
5. How does Aristophanes present Lamachus as a personification of war?
- Covered in cuts and bruises
- With a gorgon on his shield and feather plumes on his helmet
- With ten swords and a war horn
- With one arm and two spears