1. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Quiet and sly
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Loud and Insensitive
- Witty and intelligent
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Bald Man
- Cowardly Fighter
- Great Fighter
- King of the waves
3. Who was Lamachus at the time of the Acharnians' performance?
- A opponent comic playwright
- A hated politician related to Cleon
- A recently elected military general
- A widely feared Spartan tyrant
4. Why were military generals and officers elected?
- The members of the Assembly demanded it
- The job required general popularity
- The job required skill
- The Assembly could not afford to fund the military
5. How does Aristophanes present Lamachus as a personification of war?
- Covered in cuts and bruises
- With one arm and two spears
- With a gorgon on his shield and feather plumes on his helmet
- With ten swords and a war horn