1. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of profiting from his job?
- Lamachus' pay cheque was always public
- Men weren't paid at all if they were aged 40 or more
- Military generals weren't paid
- It was well known that Lamachus was poor
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Witty and intelligent
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Quiet and sly
- Loud and Insensitive
3. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of avoiding places of battle?
- Lamachus had killed the prince of Sparta just before the play was performed
- The Assembly voted on where to send military generals
- He had lost an arm in battle just before the play was performed
- Clean himself chose where Lamachus was to go
4. Who was Lamachus at the time of the Acharnians' performance?
- A hated politician related to Cleon
- A widely feared Spartan tyrant
- A recently elected military general
- A opponent comic playwright
5. How does Aristophanes present Lamachus as a personification of war?
- Covered in cuts and bruises
- With a gorgon on his shield and feather plumes on his helmet
- With ten swords and a war horn
- With one arm and two spears