1. Which is the first accusation Aristophanes makes of Lamachus in the opening scene?
- Stealing food from the Athenians by making peace with Sparta
- Beginning the War by stealing a Megarian slave
- Earning a profit from his role as military general
- Blackmailing the soldiers and citizens of Athens
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Witty and intelligent
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Quiet and sly
- Loud and Insensitive
3. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of avoiding places of battle?
- He had lost an arm in battle just before the play was performed
- The Assembly voted on where to send military generals
- Clean himself chose where Lamachus was to go
- Lamachus had killed the prince of Sparta just before the play was performed
4. Why were military generals and officers elected?
- The job required skill
- The members of the Assembly demanded it
- The job required general popularity
- The Assembly could not afford to fund the military
5. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of profiting from his job?
- Men weren't paid at all if they were aged 40 or more
- Military generals weren't paid
- Lamachus' pay cheque was always public
- It was well known that Lamachus was poor