1. Which is the first accusation Aristophanes makes of Lamachus in the opening scene?
- Blackmailing the soldiers and citizens of Athens
- Stealing food from the Athenians by making peace with Sparta
- Earning a profit from his role as military general
- Beginning the War by stealing a Megarian slave
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Bald Man
- Great Fighter
- King of the waves
- Cowardly Fighter
3. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Witty and intelligent
- Loud and Insensitive
- Quiet and sly
4. Who was Lamachus at the time of the Acharnians' performance?
- A recently elected military general
- A widely feared Spartan tyrant
- A opponent comic playwright
- A hated politician related to Cleon
5. How does Aristophanes present Lamachus as a personification of war?
- Covered in cuts and bruises
- With one arm and two spears
- With a gorgon on his shield and feather plumes on his helmet
- With ten swords and a war horn