1. Why were military generals and officers elected?
- The Assembly could not afford to fund the military
- The members of the Assembly demanded it
- The job required skill
- The job required general popularity
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Loud and Insensitive
- Quiet and sly
- Witty and intelligent
3. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of profiting from his job?
- Military generals weren't paid
- Men weren't paid at all if they were aged 40 or more
- It was well known that Lamachus was poor
- Lamachus' pay cheque was always public
4. Which is the first accusation Aristophanes makes of Lamachus in the opening scene?
- Blackmailing the soldiers and citizens of Athens
- Earning a profit from his role as military general
- Beginning the War by stealing a Megarian slave
- Stealing food from the Athenians by making peace with Sparta
5. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Great Fighter
- Cowardly Fighter
- King of the waves
- Bald Man