1. How is Lamachus portrayed in the Acharnians?
- Quiet and sly
- Witty and intelligent
- Pompous and Self-Important
- Loud and Insensitive
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was Aristophanes wrong in accusing Lamachus of profiting from his job?
- Military generals weren't paid
- Men weren't paid at all if they were aged 40 or more
- It was well known that Lamachus was poor
- Lamachus' pay cheque was always public
3. Who was Lamachus at the time of the Acharnians' performance?
- A opponent comic playwright
- A recently elected military general
- A widely feared Spartan tyrant
- A hated politician related to Cleon
4. What does Lamachus' name mean?
- Great Fighter
- Bald Man
- Cowardly Fighter
- King of the waves
5. What does Aristophanes accuse Lamachus of second in the opening scene?
- Staying at home and not going to fight at all
- Avoiding battle by going places where there was no fighting
- Secretly making peace with the Spartans
- Blackmailing the members of the Assembly