1. What is the difference between sacred and secular music?
- Sacred music can be a light opera and secular music are hymns
- Sacred is religious music and secular is non-religious music
- Sacred is non-religious music and secular is religious music
- Sacred music is always played by an organ
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a basso continuo?
- Switching between related keys
- A solo improvisation
- A continuous bass part
- A short musical idea
3. What is a feature of Classical music which is different from Baroque music?
- Simple harmonies
- Fewer ornaments
- Irregular phrase lengths
4. What is the approximate date of the Baroque period?
- 1600 - 1800
- 1600 - 1750
- 1550 - 1650
- 1650 - 1800
5. What is a recitative?
- A lighter, more everyday-themed opera
- A song which tells the story and imitates the rhythm of normal speech
- A shorter version of an opera
- A mass for the dead