1. What is the difference between sacred and secular music?
- Sacred music can be a light opera and secular music are hymns
- Sacred is religious music and secular is non-religious music
- Sacred is non-religious music and secular is religious music
- Sacred music is always played by an organ
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the approximate date of the Classical period?
- 1700 - 1900
- 1750 - 1820
- 1700 - 1850
- 1860 -1950
3. What is the approximate date of the Baroque period?
- 1600 - 1750
- 1550 - 1650
- 1600 - 1800
- 1650 - 1800
4. What is an aria?
- A choir
- A serious opera, often with a mythological theme
- A solo vocal piece which shows what the character is thinking and feeling
- A song which tells the story and imitates the rhythm of normal speech
5. What is a basso continuo?
- A continuous bass part
- A solo improvisation
- A short musical idea
- Switching between related keys