1. What are terraced or stepped dynamics?
- Dynamics which change suddenly
- Gradual changes in volume
- Loud volume
- Dynamics which contrast in both upper and lower parts
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a feature of Classical music which is different from Baroque music?
- Simple harmonies
- Fewer ornaments
- Irregular phrase lengths
3. What is the approximate date of the Classical period?
- 1700 - 1900
- 1750 - 1820
- 1700 - 1850
- 1860 -1950
4. What is a chorus?
- A serious opera, often with a mythological theme
- A piece in an opera, oratorio or cantata sung by the choir
- A shorter version of an opera
- A vocal piece accompanied by the harpsichord
5. What is a basso continuo?
- Switching between related keys
- A continuous bass part
- A short musical idea
- A solo improvisation