1. Where is the Greek colony of Pithekoussai located?
- West coast of Italy
- East coast of Italy
- South coast of Italy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
- ornament placed on a flat base and mounted at the apex of the pediment of a building in the Classical style
- the vertically channeled tablets of the Doric frieze
- a small water-repelling, cone-shaped projection used in the architrave
- a short plinth used to support a pedestal, sculpture or column
- A sacred pit, usually for votives or sacrifical remains
- The entrance to a sacred enclosure
- The sacred image of the deity, usually fashioned out of wood
- The sacred enclosure around a temple
4. What 3 elements made up the Greek Polis?
- khora, apoikia, demos
- demos, asty, apoikia
- asty, demos, khora
- demos, pynx, asty
- The sacred image of the deity, usually fashioned out of wood.
- The sacred enclosure around a temple.
- The entrance to a sacred enclosure.
- A sacred pit, usually for votives or sacrifical remains.