1. Where is the Greek colony of Pithekoussai located?
- West coast of Italy
- East coast of Italy
- South coast of Italy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
- The right to return to one's country of origin.
- The practice of coastal trading by which small vessels load and off-load various commodities in different ports.
- When an artefact of one material is crafted in imitation of the appearance of an artefact of another material, usually of higher value.
- When the meaning of use of an artefact is changed by a society.
- The practice of identifying the work of different artistic 'hands' in the archaeological record, based on the accumulated knowledge of the individual researcher.
- the platform on which the superstructure of the building is erected
- the vertically channeled tablets of the Doric frieze
- the topmost member of a column
- a triangular shape, placed above the horizontal structure of the entablature, typically supported by columns
4. Which of the following commodities are known to have been carried in Greek transport amphoare?
- All of them (except slaves)
- spare ribs
5. Who did Aristotle credit with having been the inventor if Greek city planning?
- Herodotus of Hellicarnassus
- Hippadamus of Miletus
- Pythagoras of Samos
- Pausanias of Athens