1. Where is an Architrave on a building?
- an arch, either decorative or fundimental
- the base of a metope
- a main beam resting across the tops of columns.
- another term to describe supporting columns
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is the Greek colony of Metapontum located?
- West coast of Italy
- South coast of Italy
- East coast of Italy
- The sacred enclosure around a temple
- The entrance to a sacred enclosure
- A sacred pit, usually for votives or sacrifical remains
- The sacred image of the deity, usually fashioned out of wood
- a triangular shape, placed above the horizontal structure of the entablature, typically supported by columns
- the vertically channeled tablets of the Doric frieze
- the platform on which the superstructure of the building is erected
- the topmost member of a column
- The practice of identifying the work of different artistic 'hands' in the archaeological record, based on the accumulated knowledge of the individual researcher.
- When an artefact of one material is crafted in imitation of the appearance of an artefact of another material, usually of higher value.
- When the meaning of use of an artefact is changed by a society.
- The right to return to one's country of origin.
- The practice of coastal trading by which small vessels load and off-load various commodities in different ports.