1. Where is an Architrave on a building?
- an arch, either decorative or fundimental
- the base of a metope
- a main beam resting across the tops of columns.
- another term to describe supporting columns
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
- a small water-repelling, cone-shaped projection used in the architrave
- a short plinth used to support a pedestal, sculpture or column
- a triangular shape, placed above the horizontal structure of the entablature, typically supported by columns
- the platform on which the superstructure of the building is erected
3. Where is the Greek colony of Metapontum located?
- South coast of Italy
- East coast of Italy
- West coast of Italy
4. Who did Aristotle credit with having been the inventor if Greek city planning?
- Hippadamus of Miletus
- Pausanias of Athens
- Pythagoras of Samos
- Herodotus of Hellicarnassus
5. What buildings lie on the acropolis at Athens?
- Eleusis, The Parthenon, The Temple of Zeus Olympios, The Erechtheum
- The Kerameikos, The Temple of Athena Nike, The Hephaesteum, The Propylaea, Eleusis
- The Parthenon, The Erechtheum, The Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike, The Temple of Zeus Olympios
- The Hephaesteum, The Parthenon, The Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike