- A sacred pit, usually for votives or sacrifical remains.
- The sacred enclosure around a temple.
- The sacred image of the deity, usually fashioned out of wood.
- The entrance to a sacred enclosure.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What 3 elements made up the Greek Polis?
- asty, demos, khora
- demos, asty, apoikia
- demos, pynx, asty
- khora, apoikia, demos
3. What buildings lie on the acropolis at Athens?
- Eleusis, The Parthenon, The Temple of Zeus Olympios, The Erechtheum
- The Parthenon, The Erechtheum, The Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike, The Temple of Zeus Olympios
- The Hephaesteum, The Parthenon, The Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike
- The Kerameikos, The Temple of Athena Nike, The Hephaesteum, The Propylaea, Eleusis
- a triangular shape, placed above the horizontal structure of the entablature, typically supported by columns
- a short plinth used to support a pedestal, sculpture or column
- ornament placed on a flat base and mounted at the apex of the pediment of a building in the Classical style
- a small water-repelling, cone-shaped projection used in the architrave
5. Define 'Emporoi'?
- trading post