1. It is believed that the Mycenaean civilization came to an end because the mainland was invaded by Dorian Greeks from the north. True or False?
- False, there is no evidence of a single coherent invasion
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What cargo was found from the Ulu Burun shipwreck off the southern coast of Turkey?
- hippopotamus teeth, tortoise eggs, jewelry, pottery
- Pottery, weapons, tin ingots, tortoise eggs, frying pans
- copper, tin, glass ingots, ivory, ostrich eggs, pottery
- glass ingots, ivory, oil, crocodile teeth, beer caskets
3. What were the functions of the Mycenaean palaces?
- centers of government, shrines, workshops, storage spaces
- house of leader or government housing, temples, storage spaces
- houses of rich elite and acted as their private workshops
- council house and law court
4. The Quartier Mu is a complex of industrial, cult and residential buildings adjacent to which Minoan Palace?
- The Palace of Malia
- The Palace of Knossos
- The Palace at Mycenae
- The Palace of Quartier Mu
5. What were the Linear B tablets used for?
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Malia
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Knossos
- to record goods and people under the palace of Knossos' control
- to record goods and people under the palace of Malia's control