1. It is believed that the Mycenaean civilization came to an end because the mainland was invaded by Dorian Greeks from the north. True or False?
- False, there is no evidence of a single coherent invasion
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was a 'peak sanctuary' in the late bronze age Crete?
- places for cult worship and group sacrifices
- places for rituals and offerings on hill tops and mountain sides
- shrines to specific gods on raised grounds
- temples on moutain tops
3. Where was a Kernos stone found?
- The Palace of Quartier Mu
- The Palace of Malia
- The Palace of Mycenae
- The Palace of Knossos
4. What were Cycladic 'frying pans' used for?
- Used for funerals, found in burials possibly at symbol of wealth
- Used for rituals, to give offerings to the gods
- Unknown, looked like frying pans, found in burials, possible ritualistic
- Used like an actual frying pan
5. What is the name of the painted sarcophagus showing scenes of a procession of people with offerings in front of alters?
- The Myrtos sarcophagus
- The Quartier Mu sarcophagus
- The Hagia Triada sarcophagus
- The Ulu Burun sarcophagus