1. What was a 'peak sanctuary' in the late bronze age Crete?
- shrines to specific gods on raised grounds
- places for rituals and offerings on hill tops and mountain sides
- temples on moutain tops
- places for cult worship and group sacrifices
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. It is believed that the Mycenaean civilization came to an end because the mainland was invaded by Dorian Greeks from the north. True or False?
- False, there is no evidence of a single coherent invasion
3. Where was a Kernos stone found?
- The Palace of Malia
- The Palace of Quartier Mu
- The Palace of Knossos
- The Palace of Mycenae
4. What were the functions of the Mycenaean palaces?
- council house and law court
- house of leader or government housing, temples, storage spaces
- centers of government, shrines, workshops, storage spaces
- houses of rich elite and acted as their private workshops
5. What were the Linear B tablets used for?
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Malia
- to record goods and people under the palace of Knossos' control
- to record goods and people under the palace of Malia's control
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Knossos