1. What was a 'peak sanctuary' in the late bronze age Crete?
- places for rituals and offerings on hill tops and mountain sides
- places for cult worship and group sacrifices
- temples on moutain tops
- shrines to specific gods on raised grounds
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What cargo was found from the Ulu Burun shipwreck off the southern coast of Turkey?
- hippopotamus teeth, tortoise eggs, jewelry, pottery
- Pottery, weapons, tin ingots, tortoise eggs, frying pans
- copper, tin, glass ingots, ivory, ostrich eggs, pottery
- glass ingots, ivory, oil, crocodile teeth, beer caskets
3. What were the functions of the Mycenaean palaces?
- council house and law court
- centers of government, shrines, workshops, storage spaces
- houses of rich elite and acted as their private workshops
- house of leader or government housing, temples, storage spaces
4. It is believed that the Mycenaean civilization came to an end because the mainland was invaded by Dorian Greeks from the north. True or False?
- False, there is no evidence of a single coherent invasion
5. What were the Linear B tablets used for?
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Malia
- to record goods and people under the palace of Knossos' control
- to record goods and people under the palace of Malia's control
- to record goods and administrative data at the palace of Knossos