1. The Quartier Mu is a complex of industrial, cult and residential buildings adjacent to which Minoan Palace?
- The Palace of Quartier Mu
- The Palace of Knossos
- The Palace of Malia
- The Palace at Mycenae
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was a 'peak sanctuary' in the late bronze age Crete?
- places for rituals and offerings on hill tops and mountain sides
- temples on moutain tops
- shrines to specific gods on raised grounds
- places for cult worship and group sacrifices
3. What were Cycladic 'frying pans' used for?
- Unknown, looked like frying pans, found in burials, possible ritualistic
- Used for rituals, to give offerings to the gods
- Used like an actual frying pan
- Used for funerals, found in burials possibly at symbol of wealth
4. What cargo was found from the Ulu Burun shipwreck off the southern coast of Turkey?
- hippopotamus teeth, tortoise eggs, jewelry, pottery
- Pottery, weapons, tin ingots, tortoise eggs, frying pans
- copper, tin, glass ingots, ivory, ostrich eggs, pottery
- glass ingots, ivory, oil, crocodile teeth, beer caskets
5. What were the functions of the Mycenaean palaces?
- council house and law court
- centers of government, shrines, workshops, storage spaces
- houses of rich elite and acted as their private workshops
- house of leader or government housing, temples, storage spaces