1. What procession of people is not seen on the frieze?
- The Roman Army
- Men, women and children seen in formal togas
- The Julian-Claudian family with respectfully bowed heads
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was depicted at the bottom of the Ara Pacis?
- Parthians returning the lost eagles
- Blooming flowers and crops
- Fallen Gallic Troops
3. What is the translation of 'Ara Pacis'?
- Altar of Peace
- Augustus's Altar
- Temple of Augustus
4. Why were the stories of the founding of Rome including Romulus and Remus and Roman Kings included?
- Augustus claimed he was a descendant from Romulus and Remus
- Show Augustus had restored the republic
- To show how Rome was being reborn
5. Why was the Ara Pacis built?
- Augustus had defeated the Maritime Gauls and Pacified the Alps
- Celebrate social development
- Show the Parthians returning the lost eagles