1. Why was the Ara Pacis built?
- Show the Parthians returning the lost eagles
- Augustus had defeated the Maritime Gauls and Pacified the Alps
- Celebrate social development
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What procession of people is not seen on the frieze?
- The Roman Army
- Men, women and children seen in formal togas
- The Julian-Claudian family with respectfully bowed heads
3. What female can be seen on one the panels and what is she holding?
- Roma- the female symbol of Rome- is holding a cornucopia and sitting on military equipment to show peace
- Mother earth is holding a young child to show how Augustus nurtured the plebians of Rome
- Eirene- God of peace- is holding Ploutos- God of wealth to show the relationship between peace and prosperity
4. What is the translation of 'Ara Pacis'?
- Temple of Augustus
- Altar of Peace
- Augustus's Altar
5. Who can be seen on the front of the Ara Pacis ?
- Mother Earth