1. How does panting lead to heat loss?
- Evaporation of water from the lining of the mouth, heat transferred from blood
- Causes vasoconstriction
- Increases thirst so organism drinks more to cool self down
- Activates the heat gain centre in hypothalamus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by refractory period?
- No new action potentials produced in this time
- Threshold potential
- A levels that needs to be over come to produce a action potential
3. How does insulin affect blood glucose levels?
- Causes gluconeogenesis to occur
- Causes glycogenolysis to occur
- Lowers blood glucose levels
- Increases blood glucose levels
4. What is the role of troponin?
- To bind to Calcuim ions causing tropmyosin to move, exposing actin binding sites
- To bind to tropmyosin
- To form a cross bridge between myosin and troponin
- To activate ATPase
5. What is a Codon?
- Three paired bases forming an amino aicd
- Freeflloating RNA nucleotides
- Three unpaired bases on mRNA that code for an amino acid
- Three unpaired bases on tRNA that code for an amino acid
Similar Biology resources: