1. How is resting potential established in an axon?
- Active transport of sodium ions out of an axon
- Active transport of sodium ions into an axon
- Diffusion of sodium ions out of an axon
- Active transport of potassium ions out of an axon
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does panting lead to heat loss?
- Causes vasoconstriction
- Increases thirst so organism drinks more to cool self down
- Evaporation of water from the lining of the mouth, heat transferred from blood
- Activates the heat gain centre in hypothalamus
3. How do impulses move along a mylinated neauron
- Impulses jump between gaps in the axon known as node of ranvier
- Saltatory conduction
- Along the mylinated sheath
4. What is a Codon?
- Three paired bases forming an amino aicd
- Freeflloating RNA nucleotides
- Three unpaired bases on mRNA that code for an amino acid
- Three unpaired bases on tRNA that code for an amino acid
5. What is an antigen?
- I came here for unit 5 and do not remember the answer for this question, I mean who cares if this is a synoptic unit with a big essay question at the end
- A protein on the cell surface membrane triggering an immune response
- A protein on the surface of a cell
- A pathogen
Similar Biology resources: