1. Where are the receptors that detect a rise in temperature?
- Medulla oblantagata
- Pituitary gland
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by homeostasis?
- Chemical reactions
- Maintaining a constant internal environment
- How kidneys work
- Maintaining a constant external environment
3. What is the role of troponin?
- To form a cross bridge between myosin and troponin
- To bind to Calcuim ions causing tropmyosin to move, exposing actin binding sites
- To bind to tropmyosin
- To activate ATPase
4. How does panting lead to heat loss?
- Evaporation of water from the lining of the mouth, heat transferred from blood
- Causes vasoconstriction
- Increases thirst so organism drinks more to cool self down
- Activates the heat gain centre in hypothalamus
5. When the sarcomeres contract what happens to the length of the I band?
- It decreases
- No idea
- It increases
- It stays the same
Similar Biology resources: