1. How does panting lead to heat loss?
- Activates the heat gain centre in hypothalamus
- Evaporation of water from the lining of the mouth, heat transferred from blood
- Increases thirst so organism drinks more to cool self down
- Causes vasoconstriction
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do cone cells have a higher level of visual acuity?
- Several cone cells are connected to one bipolar cell
- Rhodopsin is bleached at a low light intenisty
- Each cone cell is conneted to an individual neurone
- Rhodopsin is bleached at a high light intenisty
3. How is resting potential established in an axon?
- Active transport of sodium ions out of an axon
- Active transport of sodium ions into an axon
- Diffusion of sodium ions out of an axon
- Active transport of potassium ions out of an axon
4. What is meant by homeostasis?
- Chemical reactions
- Maintaining a constant internal environment
- How kidneys work
- Maintaining a constant external environment
5. How does insulin affect blood glucose levels?
- Lowers blood glucose levels
- Increases blood glucose levels
- Causes gluconeogenesis to occur
- Causes glycogenolysis to occur
Similar Biology resources: