- Created by: Melissa Jackson
- Created on: 11-04-11 22:41
1. The Sympathomedullary Pathway is related to;
- Acute Stress
- Chronic Stress
1 of 42
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which bit of the brain is -mainly- responsible for responding to stress?
- Adrenal Gland
- Brain Stem
- Pituitary Gland
3. An increased Heart Rate, Tense Muscles, and Sweating are all 'symptoms' of which response?
- The Flight or Flight Response.
- The Countershock Response
4. What is the process of the Sympathomedullary Pathway?
- I've decided I hate Psychology.
- Hypothalmus triggers the Sympathetic Branch of the ANS, which stimulates the Adrenal Medulla, which releases Adrenaline and Nor-Adrenaline.
- Hypothalmus triggers the Sympathetic Branch of the ANS, which stimulates the Adrenal Medulla, which releases Corticosteroids and ACTH.
- Hypothalmus triggers the release of CRH, which stimulates the Anterior Pituitary Gland, which releases ACTH, which stimulates the Adrenal Cortex, which releases Corticosteroids.
5. What does ANS stand for?
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Automatic Neuron Sensing
- Autonomous Nor-Adrenaline Scanning