1. Who states that the veil is seen as a "uniform of transition?"
- El Saadawwi
- Lelia Ahmed
- Lelia Badawwi
- Simone De Beauvoir
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Simon and Nadell see as a positive to women in religion?
- Viewed as equals by society
- Viewed as more friendly and approachable
- Viewed as Evil and Anonymous
3. What does El Saadawwi say about monotheistic religions?
- Gained equality for women
- Caused the subordination of women
- Rise to patriarchy and male dominance
- Caused a fall in patriarchal ways
4. What does Turner say about self discipline in religion?
- Presence of women makes it harder to police the body
- Self discipline in sexuality is the centre of religion
- Roman Catholics are expected to be celibate
5. What does Lelia Badawi say about the veil in relation to religion?
- Some aspects of religion are positive to women
- All aspects of religion are oppressive to women
- The veil is seen as a way for women to integrate into society