1. What does Turner say about self discipline in religion?
- Presence of women makes it harder to police the body
- Self discipline in sexuality is the centre of religion
- Roman Catholics are expected to be celibate
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do feminists say about Religion and Patriarchy?
- As long as God is linked to masculinity there will be no equality
- As long as there separate laws for genders, there will be no equality
- Until everything is equalized in religion there will be no equality in society
3. What does El Saadawwi say about monotheistic religions?
- Caused a fall in patriarchal ways
- Gained equality for women
- Rise to patriarchy and male dominance
- Caused the subordination of women
4. What does Lelia Badawi say about the veil in relation to religion?
- The veil is seen as a way for women to integrate into society
- Some aspects of religion are positive to women
- All aspects of religion are oppressive to women
5. Who states that the veil is seen as a "uniform of transition?"
- El Saadawwi
- Simone De Beauvoir
- Lelia Ahmed
- Lelia Badawwi