1. Why does Western fundamentalism occur?
- Due to social change
- A reaction to a change
- Divide in values and beliefs
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Hinduism thrive even though there is a rapid economic boom
- Nanda - Seen as Fashionable and pro-prosperity
- Nanda - Still divided some are still in poverty
- Modood et al - Seen as fashionable
3. What is pentecostalism in Latin America linked to by Beger?
- Functional Equivalent to Webers' protestant ethic
- Equivalent to Birds dual role
4. What does fundamentalists give its followers?
- Helps cope with racism and gives a work hard ethic
- Certainty in an uncertain world
- Helps cope with diversity
5. What do Monotheistic religions do?
- Link with polytheistic religions
- Lay down sets of rules from sacred scriptures
- Provides group certainty