1. Who criticises Bruce on his two counter trends and why?
- Berger - Diversity can stimulate interest as there is more to choose from
- Berger - Diversity causes further secularisation
- Browning - Secularisations only occurs in modern societies
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Heelas and Woodhead Study?
- Spiritual revolution through the Kendel project
- Spiritual revival
- Resacrilisation through diversity
3. Which two counter trends does Bruce identity and how do they work?
- Cultural Diversity - Change in society Cultural Defence - Defending faith
- Cultural defence - defending your faith Cultural Transistion - Helps ease into new community
- Cultural hybridity - Two cultures Cultural Defence - Defending your faith
4. Name one criticism of secularisation
- Religion is not declining, it's just changing
- Religion is the same now as previous years, people just don't attend church
- Believing without belonging
5. Who believes that diversity can cause individuals to abandon their religion
- Kelling and Wilson