1. Who criticises the idea that capitalism is bad and why?
- Abercrombie et al - Dominant Ideology theory - Gives working class emplyment
- Abercrombie et al - Gives the working class a change to earn money
- D'alton et al - Helps the working class to achieve
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which ideologies see scientific as serving the interests of dominant groups?
- Marxists and Femenists
- Marxists and Functionalists
- Post Modernists and Femenists
- Neo Marxists and Functionalists
3. Who looked at how science was used to justify the exclusion of women in education?
- Pauline Marks - Lead to a race of unfeminine females and dismissing their true roles
- Marx - Creates an elite in female society
- Dickson et al - Allows women to ignore their true roles in society
4. What two ideas do ruling class ideologies have?
- Victim blaming and Equality is against human nature
- Victimisation of the poor and The poor are Dumb theory
- Equality won't work is a communist society and there has to be dominance in order for society to work
5. What is Hegemony and Who came up with the term?
- Gramsci - Intelligensia overthrowing the ruling class as they recognise their expolitation
- Gramsci - Working class overthrowing ruling class due to revolutionary potential
- Gramsci - Using relative autonomy to overthrow the ruling class