1. What are closed belief systems?
- Religion - Claim the absolute truth
- Religion - Open to scrutiny
- Science - Believe that their theory is the only way
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who criticises Popper on the idea that science is an Open belief system and why?
- James - As science is socially constructed
- Kuhn - Science is socially contructed
- Kuhn - As it have monopoly on many theories
- Giddens - As an open belief system doesn't always need evidence
3. Who looks at open belief systems?
4. What is a Paradigm according to Kuhn?
- Subjective evidence
- Shared set of assumptions that link to how something is researched
- A model which explains a theory
5. Who supports Kuhns claim about Paradigms and why?
- Karin Knorr-Centina - Fabrication of facts
- Giddens - Falsify their findings to make the answers valid
- Nedrick - Look to evidence to prove their theories