1. What does rapid social change do to society?
- Brings about spiritual change
- Undermines values and norms - leads to anomie
- Undermines values and social solidarity in society
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do sects die out?
- Second generation, Protestant work ethic and Death of leader
- Lack of interest, not enough time, not enough people
- Second genoration, disinterest, death of leader
3. Where does Troeltsch say sects pull most of their members from and why?
- Poor backgrounds - Theodicy of Disprivileged
- Middle class backgrounds - Time and lifestyle choices link to NRMs and NAMs
- All backgrounds- new spirtiuallity
4. What did Wilson 2003 outline about how sects establish themselves?
- Socialize their children and stay apart from the outside world
- Are world accommodating, but live in tight knit communities
- Marginalise themselves from society, as they see it as corupt
5. What are the three types of NRMs?
- World accommodating, world dismissal, world solidarity
- World accommodating , world rejecting, world affirming
- World equality, world rejecting, world differences