1. Where does Troeltsch say sects pull most of their members from and why?
- Poor backgrounds - Theodicy of Disprivileged
- Middle class backgrounds - Time and lifestyle choices link to NRMs and NAMs
- All backgrounds- new spirtiuallity
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does rapid social change do to society?
- Undermines values and norms - leads to anomie
- Undermines values and social solidarity in society
- Brings about spiritual change
3. Why do sects die out?
- Second genoration, disinterest, death of leader
- Second generation, Protestant work ethic and Death of leader
- Lack of interest, not enough time, not enough people
4. What does the term anomie mean?
5. What type of Sects are Jehovah Witnesses?