1. Who created the sectarian cycle?
- Stark & Bainbridge
- Mckillip & Rieder
- James & Dorkings
- Lea & Young
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believes that youths join NRMs as they feel marginalised by society?
3. Which three things do sociologists see as contributing to the expansion of NRMs and NAMs?
- Marginalisation, Relative deprivation and Social change
- Social deprivation, Relative deprivation and Material deprivation
- Marginalisation, Use of time, Lifestyle choices
4. Where does Troeltsch say sects pull most of their members from and why?
- All backgrounds- new spirtiuallity
- Poor backgrounds - Theodicy of Disprivileged
- Middle class backgrounds - Time and lifestyle choices link to NRMs and NAMs
5. What did Wilson 2003 outline about how sects establish themselves?
- Socialize their children and stay apart from the outside world
- Are world accommodating, but live in tight knit communities
- Marginalise themselves from society, as they see it as corupt