1. Who created the sectarian cycle?
- James & Dorkings
- Stark & Bainbridge
- Mckillip & Rieder
- Lea & Young
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which three things do sociologists see as contributing to the expansion of NRMs and NAMs?
- Marginalisation, Relative deprivation and Social change
- Social deprivation, Relative deprivation and Material deprivation
- Marginalisation, Use of time, Lifestyle choices
3. Where does Troeltsch say sects pull most of their members from and why?
- All backgrounds- new spirtiuallity
- Poor backgrounds - Theodicy of Disprivileged
- Middle class backgrounds - Time and lifestyle choices link to NRMs and NAMs
4. What type of Sects are Jehovah Witnesses?
5. Why do sects die out?
- Second genoration, disinterest, death of leader
- Second generation, Protestant work ethic and Death of leader
- Lack of interest, not enough time, not enough people