1. What did Wilson 2003 outline about how sects establish themselves?
- Marginalise themselves from society, as they see it as corupt
- Socialize their children and stay apart from the outside world
- Are world accommodating, but live in tight knit communities
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believes that youths join NRMs as they feel marginalised by society?
3. What does rapid social change do to society?
- Undermines values and norms - leads to anomie
- Undermines values and social solidarity in society
- Brings about spiritual change
4. What does the term anomie mean?
5. Who created the sectarian cycle?
- James & Dorkings
- Lea & Young
- Stark & Bainbridge
- Mckillip & Rieder