1. In school how are stereotypes reinforced?
- What subjects the child can take
- Uniform, and gender associated subjects
- The way the children are treated
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Renzetti and Curran, What are boys and girls praised for?
- Boys - Cleverness, Girls -Neatness
- Boys - Aggressiveness, Girls - Cleverness
- Boys - Intelligence, Girls - Aggressiveness
3. Name 2 ethical issues that would cause problems when dealing with under 16's
- Sensitivity, reductionist
- Informed consent, accessibility
- Interviewer bias, Vunerability
4. In television shows according to Thompson et al, females are portrayed as domestic, how are males portrayed?
5. Who looked at the effects of books on social influence, and what did they find?
- Hamilton et al - Stereotyped gender roles
- Hamilton et al - There are no gender roles shown in childrens books
- Reid et al - more male than female characters