1. According to Renzetti and Curran, What are boys and girls praised for?
- Boys - Cleverness, Girls -Neatness
- Boys - Aggressiveness, Girls - Cleverness
- Boys - Intelligence, Girls - Aggressiveness
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. In television shows according to Thompson et al, females are portrayed as domestic, how are males portrayed?
3. Name 2 ethical issues that would cause problems when dealing with under 16's
- Informed consent, accessibility
- Interviewer bias, Vunerability
- Sensitivity, reductionist
4. In school how are stereotypes reinforced?
- What subjects the child can take
- Uniform, and gender associated subjects
- The way the children are treated
5. Who looked at the effects of books on social influence, and what did they find?
- Hamilton et al - Stereotyped gender roles
- Hamilton et al - There are no gender roles shown in childrens books
- Reid et al - more male than female characters