Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What would children look at the create this gender schema
- Peers and their behaviours
- role models and their enviroment
- Role models only
7. Who found that under the age of 4 children show no signs of gender constancy, but have strong gender stereotypes?
- Wilks and James (2003)
- Martin & Little (1990)
- Lyotard et al (1998)
8. Why would contradiciting schema i.e. female mechanic, not be noticed by young children
- Gender schema's are rigid and will only pay attention to things that are consistent
- Gender schemas are only based on observation of peers don't understand that level of information yet
- Children only use gender schemas to deal with certain situations
9. Which study concluded that girls gender stereotyped through dolls by age 2-3?
- Paulin-Dubois et al (2002)
- Mullen (2001)
- Campbell (2001)
- Green (2004)
10. What do children learn at around 2-3?
- Gender identification
- Pre-programmed gender schema
- Gender Constancy
- a schema on gender roles