1. Why would contradiciting schema i.e. female mechanic, not be noticed by young children
- Children only use gender schemas to deal with certain situations
- Gender schema's are rigid and will only pay attention to things that are consistent
- Gender schemas are only based on observation of peers don't understand that level of information yet
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Campbell and Poulin Dubois et al's studies both support eachother, why?
- Children pay attention to same sex stereotyping much earlier
- Children don't see gender until 5
- Gender effects how the child processes the Gender schema
3. Tenenbaun and Leaper (2002) believe that who has an influence on a child's gender schema?
- Members of Authority
4. Who found that under the age of 4 children show no signs of gender constancy, but have strong gender stereotypes?
- Wilks and James (2003)
- Martin & Little (1990)
- Lyotard et al (1998)
5. What is the difference between Kohlberg's theory and Martin and Halverson's theory?
- The ages in which the processes take place
- The amount of stages in the process
- Gender differences in the process
Similar Psychology resources: