1. What does Zhou et al look at through the Brain Sex Theory?
- BSTC in hypothalamus. Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones, the BSTC becomes the same size as a heterosexual female
- Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones have an increase in the BSTC
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. At what point does Gender Dysphoria occur and why is this?
- Adolescence as they are able to think more abstractly about their gender
- Todderhood as they are not yet fully genderized
- Early teens as they are now more independant
3. How does the psychodynamic approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- conflicts in the Phallic stage and not understanding gender
- Difficulties establishing gender in toddlerhood
- Not understanding their gender role in toddlerhood
4. What is Gender Dysphoria?
- When the emotional and biological sex of a child does not match
- When a child does not understand their gender role
- When the child wants to change their gender
5. How do the Evolutionary and Behaviourist approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- Gender through imprinting and and conditioning
- Gender through observation of role model
- Gender through experience