1. How does the cognitive approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- Gender identity is a result of abstract thinking
- Gender identity is a result of maturation
- Lack of gender identity is a result of maladaptive thinking
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do the Evolutionary and Behaviourist approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- Gender through imprinting and and conditioning
- Gender through observation of role model
- Gender through experience
3. What is Gender Dysphoria?
- When the child wants to change their gender
- When the emotional and biological sex of a child does not match
- When a child does not understand their gender role
4. What does Zhou et al look at through the Brain Sex Theory?
- BSTC in hypothalamus. Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones, the BSTC becomes the same size as a heterosexual female
- Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones have an increase in the BSTC
5. How does the biological approach explain gender dysphoria?
- Role of chemical imbalances during puberty
- Brain sex Theory - Size and structure of the brain determines gender
- Role of hormones and Genes during puberty