1. What did Lothstein find about female-male transsexuals?
- Fathers were not around, so mothers took on both roles
- Mothers tended to be cohesive - Girls couldn't identify specific gender charactertistics
- Mothers tended not to have a strong gender role
- Brought up by fathers - no female role model
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. At what point does Gender Dysphoria occur and why is this?
- Early teens as they are now more independant
- Adolescence as they are able to think more abstractly about their gender
- Todderhood as they are not yet fully genderized
3. What happens when there is a failure to imprint in the critical period?
- Cannot use social learning theory, as the child does not understand the correct gender
- gender problems - hard to understand the definition of gender
- Cross gender behaviour begins to occur
4. How do the Evolutionary and Behaviourist approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- Gender through experience
- Gender through imprinting and and conditioning
- Gender through observation of role model
5. How does the biological approach explain gender dysphoria?
- Role of chemical imbalances during puberty
- Brain sex Theory - Size and structure of the brain determines gender
- Role of hormones and Genes during puberty