1. What does Zhou et al look at through the Brain Sex Theory?
- BSTC in hypothalamus. Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones, the BSTC becomes the same size as a heterosexual female
- Male to female transgender, when taking feminising hormones have an increase in the BSTC
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the psychodynamic approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- conflicts in the Phallic stage and not understanding gender
- Difficulties establishing gender in toddlerhood
- Not understanding their gender role in toddlerhood
3. How does the biological approach explain gender dysphoria?
- Brain sex Theory - Size and structure of the brain determines gender
- Role of hormones and Genes during puberty
- Role of chemical imbalances during puberty
4. How do the Evolutionary and Behaviourist approach explain Gender Dysphoria?
- Gender through experience
- Gender through imprinting and and conditioning
- Gender through observation of role model
5. At what point does Gender Dysphoria occur and why is this?
- Early teens as they are now more independant
- Adolescence as they are able to think more abstractly about their gender
- Todderhood as they are not yet fully genderized