1. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the concept behind Bruch's psychodynamic theory of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Inadequate parenting through lack of control caused AN
- Inadequate parenting by ineffective parents causes AN
- Inappropriate feeding causes AN
3. Is the psychodynamic approach to Anorexia nervosa reductionist?
- No, as it takes into account all psychological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account biological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account other countries
4. How does Crisps study support the claim that AN develops usually around adolesence
- They want to become younger to escape the stress of adult life
- Important time for decisions, stress may cause them to want to regress
- Important time for life, want to progress past this uncertain time
5. How is the psychodynamic explanation for AN gender bias?
- Only explains it for females ie Periods
- Only explains it for males i.e. effects of puberty