1. What happens to the overall body appearance with AN, and how does this support Crisps Theory?
- Delays growth = individuals are treated like children and so become younger
- Delays growth, prepubescent = fear of growing up, regressive back
- Increases growth = more independent, seen as an adult in society
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is the psychodynamic explanation for AN gender bias?
- Only explains it for females ie Periods
- Only explains it for males i.e. effects of puberty
3. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
4. Who looked at the Fear of growing up in relation to AN?
- James et al (1980)
- Crisp (1980)
- Crisp (1990)
- Warren & Jacobson (1978)
5. What is the concept behind Bruch's psychodynamic theory of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Inadequate parenting by ineffective parents causes AN
- Inappropriate feeding causes AN
- Inadequate parenting through lack of control caused AN