1. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is the psychodynamic explanation for AN gender bias?
- Only explains it for females ie Periods
- Only explains it for males i.e. effects of puberty
3. Is the psychodynamic approach to Anorexia nervosa reductionist?
- No, as it takes into account all psychological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account biological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account other countries
4. What happens to the overall body appearance with AN, and how does this support Crisps Theory?
- Delays growth = individuals are treated like children and so become younger
- Delays growth, prepubescent = fear of growing up, regressive back
- Increases growth = more independent, seen as an adult in society
5. What is the concept behind Bruch's psychodynamic theory of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Inadequate parenting by ineffective parents causes AN
- Inappropriate feeding causes AN
- Inadequate parenting through lack of control caused AN