1. How is the psychodynamic explanation for AN gender bias?
- Only explains it for females ie Periods
- Only explains it for males i.e. effects of puberty
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who supported Bruchs theory and why?
- Mustein - AN children had a lack of control in childhood, food is what they can control
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN had a tendency to define childrens needs
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN, would overcompensate their child's emotions with food
- Mestrovic et al - Children with AN were overfed as children
3. Why is the psychodynamic explanation culturally bias?
- Only takes into account western norms and values towards food
- Only takes into account eastern values towards food
4. How does Crisps study support the claim that AN develops usually around adolesence
- They want to become younger to escape the stress of adult life
- Important time for decisions, stress may cause them to want to regress
- Important time for life, want to progress past this uncertain time
5. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN