1. Is the psychodynamic approach to Anorexia nervosa reductionist?
- No, as it takes into account all psychological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account biological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account other countries
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
3. How does Crisps study support the claim that AN develops usually around adolesence
- Important time for decisions, stress may cause them to want to regress
- Important time for life, want to progress past this uncertain time
- They want to become younger to escape the stress of adult life
4. What happens to the overall body appearance with AN, and how does this support Crisps Theory?
- Delays growth = individuals are treated like children and so become younger
- Delays growth, prepubescent = fear of growing up, regressive back
- Increases growth = more independent, seen as an adult in society
5. Who supported Bruchs theory and why?
- Mustein - AN children had a lack of control in childhood, food is what they can control
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN had a tendency to define childrens needs
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN, would overcompensate their child's emotions with food
- Mestrovic et al - Children with AN were overfed as children