1. Why is the psychodynamic explanation culturally bias?
- Only takes into account western norms and values towards food
- Only takes into account eastern values towards food
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Is the psychodynamic approach to Anorexia nervosa reductionist?
- No, as it takes into account all psychological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account biological factors
- Yes, as it does not take into account other countries
3. Who supported Bruchs theory and why?
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN had a tendency to define childrens needs
- Steiner et al - Parents of children with AN, would overcompensate their child's emotions with food
- Mustein - AN children had a lack of control in childhood, food is what they can control
- Mestrovic et al - Children with AN were overfed as children
4. What is the concept behind Bruch's psychodynamic theory of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Inadequate parenting through lack of control caused AN
- Inadequate parenting by ineffective parents causes AN
- Inappropriate feeding causes AN
5. Name one criticism of Crisps Study?
- Doesn't explain why males have AN
- Doesn't explain why AN would occur in late adulthood
- Doesn't explain why under 10's have AN