1. What case outlined that grievous meant no more or no less than really serious harm?
- DPP v Smith
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was the age of the victim important in the case of R v Bollom?
- As the victim was elderly so the abrasions would have been more severe
- As the child was 17 months, so the abrasions would have been more serious than those to an adult
- As the child was 7 months old so the extent of the injuries would have been greater
3. Is there a requirement for an assault or battery, and which case outlines this?
- Yes, Bollom
- No, Wilson
- No, Brown v Stratton
- No, R v Dica
4. Would disfigurement count as GBH S20?
- Depends on the severity
5. Which case outlines the term "Infliction" and why?
- Clarence - as the defendant infected his partner with gonorrhoea, but as she consented it didn't count
- Clarence - as the defendant infected his partner knowingly
- Bollom - as the severity of the abrasions are taken into account
Similar Law resources: