1. What is the Mens Rea for GBH?
- Malicious intent or subject recklessness
- Intent or subject recklessness
- Malicious intent and recklessness
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which case outlines wounding under GBH S20?
- DVP v James
- R v Reynolds
- JCC v Eisenhower
- DPP v Dudely
3. Which case outlines the term "Infliction" and why?
- Bollom - as the severity of the abrasions are taken into account
- Clarence - as the defendant infected his partner with gonorrhoea, but as she consented it didn't count
- Clarence - as the defendant infected his partner knowingly
4. Why was the age of the victim important in the case of R v Bollom?
- As the child was 17 months, so the abrasions would have been more serious than those to an adult
- As the child was 7 months old so the extent of the injuries would have been greater
- As the victim was elderly so the abrasions would have been more severe
5. What is the Actus Reus of GBH S20?
- Unlawful wounding and the lawful infliction of ABH
- Unlawful wounding and unlawful infliction of GBH
- Lawful wounding and unlawful infliction of GBH
Similar Law resources: