1. What is the MR of Battery?
- Proof that the defendant intentionally or recklessly applied force to another
- Direct or Oblique intention to cause some level of harm to victim
- Intentionally causing a level of force upon defendant - no Recklessness
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in the case of Haystead?
- Punched girlfriend who dropped baby
- Threw baby at the wall
- Hit girlfriend
3. What happened in the case of Latimer?
- Battery, and unlawful force against a friend through throwing stones
- Transferred Malice - Intention to hit a man, hit a woman instead
- Transferred Malice - Intention to hit friend, hit a window instead
4. What case is about a police officer stopping a lady from soliciting?
- Collins & Wilcocks (1984)
- Dytham & Alleyne
5. What happens when implied consent is used?
- Always battery, whatever the situation
- To a normal level = no battery
- To any level, as long as there is consent = No battery
Similar Law resources: