1. Is the case of DPP v K 1990 Battery
- Yes, Indirectly
- No, as not intentional
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the MR of Battery?
- Proof that the defendant intentionally or recklessly applied force to another
- Direct or Oblique intention to cause some level of harm to victim
- Intentionally causing a level of force upon defendant - no Recklessness
3. What happened in the case of Thomas (1985)?
- Defendant hit the girl lightly on the head - Force
- Defendant pulled on girls skirt - Clothes are extension of the body
- Defendant pulled on girls hair - Hair is an extension of the body
4. What happened in the case of Latimer?
- Transferred Malice - Intention to hit a man, hit a woman instead
- Transferred Malice - Intention to hit friend, hit a window instead
- Battery, and unlawful force against a friend through throwing stones
5. What happens when implied consent is used?
- Always battery, whatever the situation
- To a normal level = no battery
- To any level, as long as there is consent = No battery
Similar Law resources: