1. What does the case of Martin (Anthony Edward) 2001 outline?
- Self defence (of property) and the prevention of crime (stealing)
- Self defence of himself
- Prevention of crime on his property
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the Imminent attack mean?
- The defendant does not have to wait to be attacked they can make the first blow
- The defendant must wait until after they have been attacked to use force
- The defendant must not use force after the defendant has attacked them
3. Which act outlines Self defence and prevention of crime?
- S76 Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008
- S47 Criminal Justice Act
- S58 Offences against property
4. The jury must think about, the facts that the defendant believed, the circumstances, the time available to the D to react and what else?
- Risk to D balanced with the risk to the V
- Age and gender of the victim
- Seriousness of the force used
5. What is outlined in the case of Gladstone Williams (1987)
- Self defence, the victim believed they were under attack at the time the force was used
- Prevention of crime, the defendant genuinely believed that the youth was at harm
- Prevention of crime, the defendant believed that the elderly lady was at harm
Similar Law resources: