1. Which act outlines Self defence and prevention of crime?
- S76 Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008
- S47 Criminal Justice Act
- S58 Offences against property
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is prevention of crime?
- To prevent the commission of an offence
- To intervene in a crime and prevent the outcome
- To defend your property or self
3. What type of defence is self defence?
- Depends on circumstances
4. What is outlined in the case of Gladstone Williams (1987)
- Prevention of crime, the defendant genuinely believed that the youth was at harm
- Prevention of crime, the defendant believed that the elderly lady was at harm
- Self defence, the victim believed they were under attack at the time the force was used
5. What does the Imminent attack mean?
- The defendant must not use force after the defendant has attacked them
- The defendant does not have to wait to be attacked they can make the first blow
- The defendant must wait until after they have been attacked to use force
Similar Law resources: