1. What case outlines Voluntary/ Specific intent?
- DPP v James
- R v Dica
- Sheeman & Moore (1975)
- Lamb v Landcaster
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the conviction in the case of Lipman 1970 and why?
- Murder, as the defendant had already had the MR before becoming intoxicated
- Manslaughter, as the defendant was reckless and this is not covered in Intoxicatio
- Manslaughter with the defence of intoxication, as the defendant took the LSD involuntarily
3. Can you use the defence of intoxication if you are drinking voluntarily?
- Depends of circumstances
4. What was outlined in the case of Kingston 1994?
- Even though his coffee was drugged he still had the relevant MR
- That he could use the defence of intoxication as he was involuntarily drugged
5. Which case outlines voluntary intoxication and basic intent?
- R v Dytham
- DPP v Smith
- DPP v Majewski 1976
- R v Lancaster
Similar Law resources: