1. Which cause outlines Defect of Reason?
- Clarke - D walked out of the supermarket without paying - Absent-mindedness is not insanity
- Clarke - D stole an item and tried to plead insanity - As she was aware that she was wrong no insanity
- Kemp - Had an episode that caused him to hammer his wife - Insanity
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sentence may be given to someone if they are not guilty of murder by reasons of insanity?
- Absolute discharge
- Hospital order with restricted discharge
- Guardian Order
3. Was there a Mens Rea?
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
4. What is the nature and quality of a crime?
- Knew what he was doing, but didn't understand the circumstances or the consequences of his actions
- Didn't know what he was doing, Didn't understand the consequences and did not understand the circumstances in which he was acting
- Didn't know what he was doing, Understood the consequences but not the circumstances in which he acted in
5. Disease of the mind must be the what terminology?, Which case outlines this?
- Legal - Bratty
- Judges - Burgess
- Legal - Sullivan
- Medical - Kemp
Similar Law resources: