1. Which cause outlines Defect of Reason?
- Kemp - Had an episode that caused him to hammer his wife - Insanity
- Clarke - D walked out of the supermarket without paying - Absent-mindedness is not insanity
- Clarke - D stole an item and tried to plead insanity - As she was aware that she was wrong no insanity
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Was there a Mens Rea?
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
3. What sentence may be given to someone if they are not guilty of murder by reasons of insanity?
- Absolute discharge
- Hospital order with restricted discharge
- Guardian Order
4. What is the nature and quality of a crime?
- Knew what he was doing, but didn't understand the circumstances or the consequences of his actions
- Didn't know what he was doing, Didn't understand the consequences and did not understand the circumstances in which he was acting
- Didn't know what he was doing, Understood the consequences but not the circumstances in which he acted in
5. When can the insanity plea not be used
- Strict liability, as it requires a mens rea
- Strict liability, as it requires an Actus Reus
- GBH S18, as its a specific intent crime
Similar Law resources: