1. What sentence may be given to someone if they are not guilty of murder by reasons of insanity?
- Hospital order with restricted discharge
- Guardian Order
- Absolute discharge
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the nature and quality of a crime?
- Didn't know what he was doing, Didn't understand the consequences and did not understand the circumstances in which he was acting
- Didn't know what he was doing, Understood the consequences but not the circumstances in which he acted in
- Knew what he was doing, but didn't understand the circumstances or the consequences of his actions
3. Was there a Mens Rea?
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
4. Which cause outlines Defect of Reason?
- Kemp - Had an episode that caused him to hammer his wife - Insanity
- Clarke - D walked out of the supermarket without paying - Absent-mindedness is not insanity
- Clarke - D stole an item and tried to plead insanity - As she was aware that she was wrong no insanity
5. What does the case of Kemp outline?
- Insanity cannot be an external factor
- Insanity can be temporary
- Insanity must be permanent
Similar Law resources: