1. What is the nature and quality of a crime?
- Knew what he was doing, but didn't understand the circumstances or the consequences of his actions
- Didn't know what he was doing, Didn't understand the consequences and did not understand the circumstances in which he was acting
- Didn't know what he was doing, Understood the consequences but not the circumstances in which he acted in
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Disease of the mind must be the what terminology?, Which case outlines this?
- Legal - Sullivan
- Judges - Burgess
- Medical - Kemp
- Legal - Bratty
3. Why did the insanity plea fall in the case of Windle?
- As he stated " ill hang for this" meaning he understood what he had done
- As he was not insane by Legal terminology
- As his insanity was only temporary
4. Was there a Mens Rea?
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
5. When can the insanity plea not be used
- GBH S18, as its a specific intent crime
- Strict liability, as it requires a mens rea
- Strict liability, as it requires an Actus Reus
Similar Law resources: