1. Which cause outlines Defect of Reason?
- Clarke - D walked out of the supermarket without paying - Absent-mindedness is not insanity
- Clarke - D stole an item and tried to plead insanity - As she was aware that she was wrong no insanity
- Kemp - Had an episode that caused him to hammer his wife - Insanity
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the nature and quality of a crime?
- Didn't know what he was doing, Didn't understand the consequences and did not understand the circumstances in which he was acting
- Didn't know what he was doing, Understood the consequences but not the circumstances in which he acted in
- Knew what he was doing, but didn't understand the circumstances or the consequences of his actions
3. Was there a Mens Rea?
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
4. Why did the insanity plea fall in the case of Windle?
- As his insanity was only temporary
- As he stated " ill hang for this" meaning he understood what he had done
- As he was not insane by Legal terminology
5. What must the show at the time of the crime?
- That he had been insane at some point, shown by medical documents
- That he was insane during the crime, with medical evidence
- That he was insane after the crime
Similar Law resources: