1. Was there a Mens Rea?
- They knew what they were doing, just didn't know it was wrong
- Didn't know what they were doing
- Did know what they were doing and knew it was wrong
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sentence may be given to someone if they are not guilty of murder by reasons of insanity?
- Hospital order with restricted discharge
- Guardian Order
- Absolute discharge
3. When can the insanity plea not be used
- Strict liability, as it requires a mens rea
- Strict liability, as it requires an Actus Reus
- GBH S18, as its a specific intent crime
4. Why did the insanity plea fall in the case of Windle?
- As his insanity was only temporary
- As he stated " ill hang for this" meaning he understood what he had done
- As he was not insane by Legal terminology
5. Which Act is used when a person is "not guilty by reasons of insanity?"
- Psychological impairment and pleading Act 1993
- Criminal Procedures Act ( Insanity and Unfit to Plea) 1991
- Insanity and Mental health Act 1998
- Criminal Justice Act S19(a) 1991
Similar Law resources: