1. Which case outlines Recklessness in Automatism?
- James v Dorkings - Had not taken enough insulin and this had caused him to hit a lady - not an external factor
- R v Hardy - Took some out of date valium and set alight a wardrobe - Lead to unpredictable behaviour
- R v Kemp - Was given some drugs believing them to be paracetamol, caused her to hit her husband - Involuntary
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these are external causes?
- Blow to head, bee sting, hypnosis
- Injury or disease caused the mental illness
- Drug or Alcohol induced
- Disease of the mind
3. What happened in the case of R v T 1990?
- Defendant took some out of date LSD and then proceeded to attack his wife
- Defendant took part in a robbery and raised defence of automatism as she had PTSD from a previous ****
- Defendant took part in a murder and raised the defence of automatism as she had been previously drinking
4. What did the case of Bratty outline?
- Difference between automatism and intoxication
- Distinction between insanity and Loss of control
- Distinction between insanity and automatism
- Difference of automatism and diminished responsibility
5. In which case did the defendant attack a patient after being hypoglycaemic from an overdose of insulin?
- R v Hardy - Automatism
- Kemp - Insanity
- Quick - self induced
- Quick - Automatism
Similar Law resources: