1. In which case did the defendant attack a patient after being hypoglycaemic from an overdose of insulin?
- R v Hardy - Automatism
- Quick - self induced
- Quick - Automatism
- Kemp - Insanity
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which case outlined that there must be a total lack of awareness?
- Attorney generals reference No.2 of 1992
- Attorney generals reference No.3 of 1992
3. Which case outlines Recklessness in Automatism?
- James v Dorkings - Had not taken enough insulin and this had caused him to hit a lady - not an external factor
- R v Hardy - Took some out of date valium and set alight a wardrobe - Lead to unpredictable behaviour
- R v Kemp - Was given some drugs believing them to be paracetamol, caused her to hit her husband - Involuntary
4. Which of these are external causes?
- Injury or disease caused the mental illness
- Drug or Alcohol induced
- Blow to head, bee sting, hypnosis
- Disease of the mind
5. What two requirements does the defendant need to have to plead automatism?
- Involuntary act & Due to an external factor
- Involuntary act & Due to an internal factor
- Voluntary act & Due to a lack of judgement
Similar Law resources: