1. Which of these are external causes?
- Injury or disease caused the mental illness
- Blow to head, bee sting, hypnosis
- Disease of the mind
- Drug or Alcohol induced
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which case outlined that there must be a total lack of awareness?
- Attorney generals reference No.2 of 1992
- Attorney generals reference No.3 of 1992
3. Can automatism be used as a defence if the external factor is self induced?
- Depends on severity of the crime
4. What happened in the case of R v T 1990?
- Defendant took part in a robbery and raised defence of automatism as she had PTSD from a previous ****
- Defendant took part in a murder and raised the defence of automatism as she had been previously drinking
- Defendant took some out of date LSD and then proceeded to attack his wife
5. In which case did the defendant attack a patient after being hypoglycaemic from an overdose of insulin?
- Quick - self induced
- Kemp - Insanity
- Quick - Automatism
- R v Hardy - Automatism
Similar Law resources: