- Created by: alicebeesley
- Created on: 13-03-14 17:38
1. For the anger trigger (loss of control), the objective test says that the things said/done under s.55(4) CJA 2009 must be of...?
- An extreme character
- An extremely grave character
- An unnecessary character
- A grave character
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Implied malice aforethought means...?
- No intention to cause harm
- The intention to kill
- The intention to cause GBH
- The intention to cause slight harm
3. When considering whether to apply the law on causation, it must be considered whether there is a ___ between the ___ and the ___.
- Similarity between the consequence and the defendant's actions
- Link between the actions and the consequence
- Connection between the actions and the defendant
- Evidence between the defendant and the consequence
4. What is the maximum custodial sentence for voluntary manslaughter?
- 50 years
- 25 years
- Discretionary life sentence
- Mandatory life sentence
5. The special defence of diminished responsibility originally came from s.2 of the Homicide Act 1957. Which legislation is the defence currently set out under?
- s.52 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2003
- s.52 Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2009
Similar Law resources: