1. The special defence of diminished responsibility originally came from s.2 of the Homicide Act 1957. Which legislation is the defence currently set out under?
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2003
- s.52 Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2009
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which case approved the ruling in R vs. Woollin about the "virtual certainty" test?
- R vs. Matthews and Alleyne
- R vs. Mohan
- R vs. Vickers
- R vs. Cunningham
3. s.54(4) CJA 2009 tells us that a D cannot rely on loss of control if there is...?
- A separate criminal act
- A planned course of action
- A considered desire for revenge
- The presence of intoxication
4. For the anger trigger (loss of control), the objective test says that the things said/done under s.55(4) CJA 2009 must be of...?
- An unnecessary character
- An extremely grave character
- A grave character
- An extreme character
5. True or false: a killing will still be unlawful if it is in self defence?
Similar Law resources: