1. The special defence of diminished responsibility originally came from s.2 of the Homicide Act 1957. Which legislation is the defence currently set out under?
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2003
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Implied malice aforethought means...?
- The intention to cause slight harm
- No intention to cause harm
- The intention to cause GBH
- The intention to kill
3. Which statement is true in regards to unlawful act manslaughter?
- Supplying and administering drugs will both cause a death
- Supplying drugs will not cause death; administering drugs will
- Neither supplying drugs nor administering drugs will cause a death
- Death will only be caused if the drugs were supplied by someone else
4. True or false: a killing will still be unlawful if it is in self defence?
5. What is the actus reus for unlawful act manslaughter?
- A dangerous, unlawful act which causes death
- An unlawful act which causes death
- A dangerous act which causes death
- Death caused by an unlawful act
Similar Law resources: