1. What is the actus reus for unlawful act manslaughter?
- A dangerous, unlawful act which causes death
- Death caused by an unlawful act
- An unlawful act which causes death
- A dangerous act which causes death
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which statement is true in regards to unlawful act manslaughter?
- Supplying drugs will not cause death; administering drugs will
- Death will only be caused if the drugs were supplied by someone else
- Neither supplying drugs nor administering drugs will cause a death
- Supplying and administering drugs will both cause a death
3. The special defence of diminished responsibility originally came from s.2 of the Homicide Act 1957. Which legislation is the defence currently set out under?
- s.52 Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2003
- s.52 Criminal Justice Act 2009
- s.52 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
4. s.54(4) CJA 2009 tells us that a D cannot rely on loss of control if there is...?
- A separate criminal act
- A considered desire for revenge
- The presence of intoxication
- A planned course of action
5. What is the maximum custodial sentence for voluntary manslaughter?
- Discretionary life sentence
- 25 years
- Mandatory life sentence
- 50 years
Similar Law resources: