1. What is the highest level of mens rea for murder?
- Express malice aforethought
- Implied malice aforethought
- Malice aforethought
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The ruling in the case Dietschmann tells us what?
- For diminished responsibility with intoxication, the intoxication must be separated and the special defence applied
- For loss of control with intoxication, the intoxication must be separated and the special defence applied
- Diminished responsibility cannot be relied upon if intoxication is involved
- None of these answers
3. What is the actus reus for unlawful act manslaughter?
- A dangerous, unlawful act which causes death
- An unlawful act which causes death
- A dangerous act which causes death
- Death caused by an unlawful act
4. What is the maximum custodial sentence for voluntary manslaughter?
- 50 years
- 25 years
- Discretionary life sentence
- Mandatory life sentence
5. Was the D in R vs. Ahluwalia successful in relying upon their special defence?
Similar Law resources: