1. Synoptic Link - Which one of these specifically thought the family would be classed as a 'functional prerequisite'.
- Ann Oakley
- George Murdock
- Charles Murray
- Robert Merton
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is functional interdependence?
- A term to describe the correlation between educational achievement and social class.
- A term to describe how all social institutions rely on each other to work.
- A term to describe how individuals function within society itself.
- A term to describe how society depends upon individuals to exist.
3. Which 2 functional prerequisites are "Expressive Needs" (some made up needs are here so that the answer to another question isn't revealed) ?
- Adaptation & Goal Attainment
- Interconnectivity & Achievement
- Integration & Latency
- Grand Hierarchy & Leaders
4. What is a functional prerequisite?
- A method of interdependence.
- A requirement [for people] to live.
- A basic need [for society] to survive.
- A type of social institution.
5. What famous analogy does Parsons use to compare society with the human body?
- Functional Analogy
- Warm Bath Analogy
- Organic Analogy
- Institutional Analogy