1. What is functional interdependence?
- A term to describe how society depends upon individuals to exist.
- A term to describe how all social institutions rely on each other to work.
- A term to describe the correlation between educational achievement and social class.
- A term to describe how individuals function within society itself.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Synoptic Link - Which one of these specifically thought the family would be classed as a 'functional prerequisite'.
- George Murdock
- Charles Murray
- Ann Oakley
- Robert Merton
3. What famous analogy does Parsons use to compare society with the human body?
- Functional Analogy
- Warm Bath Analogy
- Organic Analogy
- Institutional Analogy
4. Which 2 functional prerequisites are "Expressive Needs" (some made up needs are here so that the answer to another question isn't revealed) ?
- Adaptation & Goal Attainment
- Integration & Latency
- Grand Hierarchy & Leaders
- Interconnectivity & Achievement
5. Hedonism is an example of what?
- Goal Attainment
- Grand Hierarchy