1. Which of these groups of people would be classed as "Rebellions"?
- Drug Addicts
- Dead-End Office Workers
- The Under Class
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main issue with Merton's approach to Strain Adaptations?
- There are some people who don't fit into any adaptation.
- Individuals might be able to slot into more than 1 adaptation
- The difference between Rebellion/Retreatism is practically non-existent.
- He failed to account for those of ethnic backgrounds.
3. Which of these is NOT a strain adaptation (all the others are) according to Merton?
4. What are the 2 main factors that contribute towards strain?
- Structural factors & conformist factors
- Cultural factors & structural factors
- Structural factors & socialisation factors
- Cultural factors & social factors
5. What is the first name of the Sociologist who developed/created Strain Theory?