- Created by: Inexorably
- Created on: 20-09-15 06:51
1. Which of these groups of people would be classed as "Rebellions"?
- The Under Class
- Dead-End Office Workers
- Drug Addicts
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a criticism of Merton's work (all others are)?
- It doesn't offer explanation for delinquent subcultures.
- He ignores the power of the ruling class to enforce laws that criminalise the poor, but not the rich.
- He assumes value consensus on society's goals.
- He used statistics at face value ("the tip of the iceberg").
- He provided no statistical evidence towards his theory.
- It can't explain why genocide, violence, vandalism etc. occur.
3. Which of these is an example of a cultural goal that causes strain?
- Obtaining a phd
- The London Riots
- The American Dream
- 9/11 Attacks
4. Which of these is NOT a strain adaptation (all the others are) according to Merton?
5. What is the first name of the Sociologist who developed/created Strain Theory?