1. Who used the example of Pornography as a safety valve?
- (Albert) Cohen
- (Ned) Polsky
- (Kingsley) Davis
- (Kai) Erikson
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. IMPORTANT: What is Anomie?
- Annihilation of class and gender divides.
- Disruption/A state of normlessness.
- Weakening of a collective conscience.
- Another way of saying "value consensus".
3. Which of these statements would a Functionalist agree with?
- Crime is a normal, inevitable, and universal part of society.
- Crime is always bad and leads to social collapse unless removed.
- Crime is a normal part of traditional societies, but not modern societies.
- Crime is not a problem Functionalists should concern themselves with.
4. Quick Recap: How do Sociologists typically define Crime?
- The attacking of social institutions - including the legal system.
- A bad thing
- The violation of norms of society that have been enacted into law.
- The disapproval towards the criminal justice system.
5. Which of these is NOT typically used as an example of crime with a latent/hidden benefit (all others are)?
- Shannon Matthews murder.
- White Collar Crime
- Martin Luther King assassination.
- Excessive drinking at carnivals/festivals.